• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Happy Birthday DBHOST

Hey Dave Hostetler, DBHOST, happy birthday to you today!

Many happy returns and may all your projects be completed this year!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	yung no mo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.7 KB ID:	847283
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

LOL... Yeah, I kind of resemble that remark!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• twistsol
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
      • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Happy Birthday Dave!
      Chr's

Comment

• Jim Frye
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Maumee, OH, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Happy B'day Davis. Stay vertical!
        Jim Frye
        The Nut in the Cellar.
        ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• cwsmith
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • NY Southern Tier, USA.
          • BT3100-1

Happy Birthday!
          Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• capncarl
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2007
            • Leesburg Georgia USA
            • SawStop CTS

Don’t over think this, it’s just a birthday!

Comment

• dbhost

dbhost
              commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL, I get it. And yes I tend to overanalyze things. It's what allegedly makes me good at my job. Honestly I just need to sit around a campfire with a bottle of rum and some hot chocolate until the brain slows down for a little while. I've worked with physicists and engineers for WAY too long. If I ever have to retire, I might just move out west and take a job running a taco shop staffed by 18 year old pot heads. They absolutely will not keep the noggin in overdrive...
          • Jim Frye
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Maumee, OH, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Originally posted by capncarl
            Don’t over think this, it’s just a birthday!
            Yeah, but when you get to our ages, they sorta are something.

Jim Frye
            The Nut in the Cellar.
            ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• capncarl
              capncarl commented
              Editing a comment
              It just hit me that there are many more birthdays behind me than in front of me!

• dbhost

dbhost
              commented
              Editing a comment
              It's funny. my siblings in law are mostly in their 60s, some in their late 60s, my wife is 2nd youngest of a very large brood... 2nd oldest BIL talking to oldest, saying he was still middle aged, at 65 years old. Oldest BIL looks at him, straight up called him either arrogant, or an idiot. There is NO WAY he is going to live to be 130 years old...

That is when it hit me. Okay I am not nearly that old, but middle age is in the rear view mirror and fading fast...
          • dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Thanks for all the birthday wishes guys. Y'all are awesome!
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost

dbhost
              commented
              Editing a comment
              My Dad lived as healthy a life as he could, my mom, and step mom both are good healthy cooks that look out for their family. While Dad wasn't exposed like most of the guys in the Army, he did have some exposure to various defiolants during the Vietnam war, and when he came back from his last tour of duty in 1973 he had already started having cardiac issues. He had a heart valve replacement at 73, and we do not think the oxygen support during the time of the operation was quite sufficient as he was never cognitively the same after the operation. Genetics for me are typically quite long lived, however, also have a predisposition to obesity. The ones that avoided that were all farmers. I work in IT, so... Bleh. My Moms dad sadly was gone before I showed up, he didn't even make 60, but he was a heavy drinker, and smoker, and died of liver failure. I mentioned how little I drink elsehwere. His premature death might have something to do with that. Not sure...

• cwsmith
              cwsmith commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm sorry to hear of your Dad's passing, especially from something he got while serving his country. May God bless him and your family always!

The a dear friend and the Best Man at our wedding passed from several cancers having served in Vietnam. He spoke of being drenched several times with Agent Orange. He was in the Marines, earned a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart for his service. Such a loss is devastating. He never made it to age fifty and left a wife and son.

• dbhost

dbhost
              commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry I thought I went into it here. Folks noticed I know I went radio silent for a good long time, since about 2016 until a few months ago. To be blunt my family went through severe illness, treatment, and ultimately death of more than our share in a brief period. In 2018 we had 20 funerals to deal with for friends and family. Both our dads, and I was pretty close with my FIL, one of my brothers in law, a niece, the 2nd friend I introduced my wife to when we were first dating, etc... I'm not going to claim I am fully in a good place, but I am doing better, and I am finally enjoying getting back out into the shop and doing something even if it is just cleaning, organizing and redoing equipment at this point. I know folks think I am overthinking a LOT of what I am trying to do here. And truth be told I know I am, but between this, and playing my Bass, it's all therapy for me... Well that and the occasional campfire...
          Working...