• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

BT3Central oldtimers

Ha. does anybody wonder where the BT3Central thong is today?
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

I joined the forum in December, 2005, right after I bought my BT3100, and it certainly feels like there were so many members back then that are not on the forum today. That was sixteen years ago! It doesn't seem to be that long ago to me.

I know 2005 was the last year the saw was on the market as new, and in fact I bought mine on clearance. While I love my BT, the biggest factor contributing to my decision was this forum and the many members who have added to my knowledge with their skill and kindness of sharing.

To paraphrase an old song: Where have all the members gone, long time passing?

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• nicer20
      Established Member
      • Sep 2007
      • Dublin, CA
      • BT3100

I bought my BT3100 second hand. A newbie woodworker - never had a table saw before. This forum has been my source of inspiration, information, guidance, mentorship everything !!

I can not even imagine a journey without you guys to help, guide and mentor me.

There are not enough words to express my gratitude to you all.

I look forward to keeping this virtual friendship to continue.

- NG

Comment

• Black walnut
        Administrator
        • Aug 2015
        • BT3K

Thom2 had it. I think he might have sent it to Dave Epler... seem to recall
        just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

This forum is for any topic that you would normally talk about at the office "around the coffee pot". Jokes, tall tales, and true stories are welcome as long as they are clean and in good taste. I only ask that you steer away from topics on religion or politics. Go ahead and pull up a chair and pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy the conversation.

This forum is for any topic that you would normally talk about at the office "around the coffee pot". Jokes, tall tales, and true stories are welcome as long as they are clean and in good taste. I only ask that you steer away from topics on religion or politics. Go ahead and pull up a chair and pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy the conversation.

Back in the days when we were kind of freewheeling

Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• twistsol
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
            • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Thanks alot guys, I had blocked this entire topic topic from memory ... until today.
            Chr's

Comment

• radhak
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2006
              • Miramar, FL
              • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Originally posted by LCHIEN
              https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...official-thong

Back in the days when we were kind of freewheeling
              These threads were a blast! Even now when I re-read them (for the nth time) they make me grin so wide!!!

I recommend newbies read them chronologically

Thanks for posting, Loring!
              It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
              - Aristotle

Comment

• Pappy
                The Full Monte
                • Dec 2002
                • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 (x2)

Scratch another keyboard!
                Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                Fools because they have to say something.
                Plato

Comment

• os1kne
                  • Jan 2003
                  • Atlanta, GA
                  • BT3100

Originally posted by twistsol
                  Thanks alot guys, I had blocked this entire topic topic from memory ... until today.
                  Me too.

Bill

Comment

• Jim Frye
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Maumee, OH, USA.
                    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Getting old! Saw thong and thought throng. Sat in confusion until I put my readers on. Thanks for the chuckle, it was badly needed.
                    Jim Frye
                    The Nut in the Cellar.
                    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• dbhost
                      Slow and steady
                      • Apr 2008
                      • League City, Texas
                      • Ryobi BT3100

I remember seeing the BT3100 in stores, but by the time I bought a table saw, I bought a BTS21 that I thought was an updated BT3100. I didn't exactly hate that saw, but I failed to love it. I bought my BT3100 a member here who has since gone quite inactive although I see him occasionally on the book of faces...

I would be thrilled to see Ryobi develop, and bring to market a truly worth successor to the BT3x00. Basically build me a BT3x00 with a square BT3000 base, cast iron top, with both the SMT and proper miter slots, AND an optional router wing that takes standard aluminum / phenolic router insert plates... Add a blade brake, and license / factory install a shark guard and I am a happy man...

Since I don't see that happening anytime in my lifetime unless I hit a multi billion dollar lottery and buy the company, I guess I am going to have to keep my existing BT3100!
                      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...