• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Wooden ice pick

I was in Bed, Bath and Beyond today with the wife and I spied this ice pick for $4. Turned wooden handle and sheath. Couldn't resist.

Who knows, maybe I'll need an ice pick for something beside chipping ice. I can see it being useful for things besides the named use.
    But doubt I can take it on a plane to help them deice.
    Or, maybe shades of Basic Instinct.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P8230403.JPG Views:	0 Size:	163.7 KB ID:	844985 Click image for larger version  Name:	P8230404.JPG Views:	0 Size:	160.6 KB ID:	844986
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 08-24-2021, 02:53 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • ballard770
    Established Member
    • Jan 2016
    • Washington State
    • Ryobi BT3000

I bet you could make one for a couple of dollars. However time to find metal pick, wood and set up the lathe and finally turn and assemble it could take a couple of hours or so. You did well, but now to be able to find it when you need it is the next problem.

you better get several: one for the kitchen, one in fishing tackle box, one in camping gear and one on deck or patio by the grill.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by ballard770
      I bet you could make one for a couple of dollars. However time to find metal pick, wood and set up the lathe and finally turn and assemble it could take a couple of hours or so. You did well, but now to be able to find it when you need it is the next problem.

you better get several: one for the kitchen, one in fishing tackle box, one in camping gear and one on deck or patio by the grill.
      The ice would melt faster than I could make one.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...