• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Woodcraft advertised this item.

is it a router bit? or a drill? What is it used for?

Click image for larger version

Name:	woodcraft item.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	844874
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • mpc
    • Feb 2005
    • Cypress, CA, USA.
    • BT3000 orig 13amp model

Not a drill bit, not a router bit, not a bit at all. It's a piece you glue/epoxy into the end of something (the shank part) so you have a pretty place to run a leather cord through to hang something: it's a lanyard holder! Imagine this epoxied into the end of a kitchen tool or BBQ tool for example. This is the "small" version; Woodcraft has a larger one that is a different shape: imagine the cone/dome portion of this example melting a bit, getting fatter at the base.

Where was it advertised?

Woodcraft link to item in question
    Woodcraft link to larger cousin

mpc

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Yes, you are right its a butt cap for a wooden handled tool.
      My first reaction to this pop-up ad was that it was something like one of my zero flute countersinking bits.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	51GGsAq8riL._SL1200_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.3 KB ID:	844877
      But when I followed the link
      Click image for larger version  Name:	woodcraft item description.JPG Views:	0 Size:	47.5 KB ID:	844879
      I just thought it was uncanny funny. and it was too quiet here. And probably, according to the State of California, it will give you cancer if used within 200 feet of you. They shoulda put a leather tie in the loop hole.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 08-13-2021, 03:14 AM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...