• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Using circular saw

Honestly, saw on Facebook, someone wants to know how you cut a rectangular piece of wood with a circular saw.

Click image for larger version  Name:	e9f4b5671b1740801dcb9ad6bdf9b577.jpg Views:	4 Size:	25.8 KB ID:	843136

I guess the next question is, Can I use a table saw to make a chair? or do I need to get a chair saw?
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-28-2021, 12:24 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • Jim Frye
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

We have become a nation of idiots. Thanks Mr. Suckerberg.
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

We have always been a nation of idiots. They are just easier to spot when you give each of them a megaphone with a global reach.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• nicer20
        nicer20 commented
        Editing a comment
        LoL !!!! :-) :-)
    • nicer20
      Established Member
      • Sep 2007
      • Dublin, CA
      • BT3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
      Honestly, saw on Facebook, someone wants to know how you cut a rectangular piece of wood with a circular saw.

Click image for larger version Name:	e9f4b5671b1740801dcb9ad6bdf9b577.jpg Views:	4 Size:	25.8 KB ID:	843136

I guess the next question is, Can I use a table saw to make a chair? or do I need to get a chair saw?
      Should this guy be even within a mile from that saw?

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

I bet this was the same guy that was angry that he had to buy a square in two parts and when he put them together it was a rectangle.
        Chr's

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Quick, get the radio alarm saw!
          Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• radhak
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2006
            • Miramar, FL
            • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Originally posted by LCHIEN

Unfortunately this sort exist in real life.

A friend of mine a few states away called me some years ago to declare he was ready to lay a wood-floor.
            "I have the material, have bought the miter-saw and a jig-saw...".

What about safety, I asked.

"Sure, I have these thick work-gloves from HD, because that saw scares me when it gets close to my fingers"

Gave me a scare, that statement, in how much I over-estimated his understanding of 'safety'.
            So I took my time to walk him thru all the right things to do, and not to do; even had him buy some quick clamps to hold the piece while cutting.

Come the day, he called me afterwards, telling me proudly that he had found a better way (I had suggested to stagger the lengths of the planks so the joint lines were not close to each other in adjoining rows).
            He had simply measured the length of the room, calculated the lengths of planks needed for one row, and gone ahead and cut the same lengths across the room width. Result was that the joints lined up neatly all over. He said he liked the symmetry of it.

A year later, his wife told us that they contracted somebody to replace the floor, because it had come apart in many places. He "did not want to talk about it".
            It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
            - Aristotle

Comment

Working...