• Show
Clear All
  • Dedpedal
    Established Member
    • Feb 2020
    • Palm Coast Florida
    • One BT3000 in use and one for parts. Plus a BT3100

Introduction to me

Hi all! I’ve been on the site lurking awhile since I couldn’t figure out how to activate my account but now I’m in.
    I sold most of my wood working tools a few years ago when we moved to Florida due to space on the truck and as soon as I got to Gods waiting room I started finding deals on the stuff I had sold. I purchased my first BT3000 for $60 and boy was it in rough shape. It took me weeks to research and tune it up. Now it’s my go to saw for most cuts. I picked up a second one for parts and found that it was too good to part out so I have 2 running. The second one is mainly a rip saw. I have a third that a friend gave me for parts. My wife thinks I’m crazy but she loves the cool stuff I do now.
    cheers all!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dedpedal; 01-30-2021, 08:33 AM.
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Welcome. I had two and a half BT3x00s at one time and still have 1 & 1/2. I gave a 3100 away to a son in law and am using the 3000 for myself. The half was a 3000 picked up at a junk yard minus the sliding table (I was living overseas at the time). I kept it mainly for motor parts and still have it.

Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• twistsol
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
      • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Welcome aboard and glad you got your account activation sorted out. I've had as many as 3 BT3x00's in my shop at one time, but now I'm down to zero and they seem to have been replaced by homeless and orphaned ShopSmiths. We also moved this spring and the shop is still not yet up and running.
      Chr's

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Welcome aboard, glad to find another BT3x enthusiast.
        Hope you got my BT3 FAQ linked in my sig line

Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...