X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

Stopping porch pirates

You might have heard of this on the news. This guy set up fake packages that were designed to spray glitter and fart spray when opened. He found volunteers to put them on their porch and wait to see if they got stolen. The packages also had video and a gps device. First part is him talking about the actual device. Forward to around 7:00 if you just want to see the video footage of the thieves.

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals. If you want to learn the design fundamentals it takes to make something like the Glitter Bomb, enroll in my NEW Creative ...
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Frankly, I was embarrassed by their attempts to teach thieves a lesson. Pitiful machine. It reminded me of a cartoon where the nerd in school put a thumb tack on the bully’s bicycle seat to teach him not to hurt people.
    They obviously had the money and means to build a good machine... but glitter? Why not several cans of Great Stuff expanding foam? Or a bee hive? Or a coffee can full of fire ants, Or a mad squirrel? Why not a large inflatable boat? The voice effect brought this from a 2 out of 5 to a -1 out of 5!

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by capncarl
      Frankly, I was embarrassed by their attempts to teach thieves a lesson. Pitiful machine. It reminded me of a cartoon where the nerd in school put a thumb tack on the bully’s bicycle seat to teach him not to hurt people.
      They obviously had the money and means to build a good machine... but glitter? Why not several cans of Great Stuff expanding foam? Or a bee hive? Or a coffee can full of fire ants, Or a mad squirrel? Why not a large inflatable boat? The voice effect brought this from a 2 out of 5 to a -1 out of 5!
      its what happens when you have a nice guy trying to teach a baddie a lesson. Can't go too far out of line with nice behavior and cause an lasting physical or financial damage.
      Frankly the cost and time expended to do this seems like a waste. Bad guys are not worth your time.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Carlos
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

It was discovered that at least some of those were fake (actors "stole" them). Even just the glitter and stink sprays might be considered assault otherwise. You generally can't set up booby traps under US law.

Comment

Working...