Clear All
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Easter

Happy Easter to everyone!

I hope that you all have a safe and happy Easter.

Sad that we can't all join with family and friends, but hopefully this particular Easter will be remembered by everyone for only the lack of gathering and nothing more devastating than that.

I wish you all well,

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

I just got off a family group video chat with my daughters and families. Technology helps, but it would be nice to sit down around the dinner table with all of them.

Happy Remote Easter to everyone.
    Chr's

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

My mind is all over the place with this Easter.

1st, I have been reading about some of the third world countries and the devastation there. No deaths are acceptable but what is going on in Ecuador with the virus, and I am sure in other countries that are not reporting - is horrible.

2nd, I work with pastors of many churches. They are really hurting by not being able to do the things that they have been called to do. Very difficult for them to accept. Many are doing FB streaming and Zoom though.

3rd, when we were overseas, we did more "house church" work than traditional church work (MUCH less expensive and faster growth). Then today, my daughter from Missouri (who works in essential services but mostly at home) called and said "Dad, this is like we had in Japan - House Churches." Made me smile. I have told our Church leadership at our state level - "Hey, I know how to do worship services in house churches. Want me to teach you?"

Not related to Easter, but Sunrise services reminds me of one "experience" that I had in Japan - that I have never forgotten. One morning - leaving out before sunrise from a suburb of Osaka and in a valley that was basically north-south, I drove about 4 miles to a tunnel that was about 5 miles long - to go through the mountain into Osaka. As I turned west about 1/2 mile from the entrance to the expressway, the sun came up over the ridge behind me and brightened everything. It made me turn and look for a brief second. On to the expressway and immediately into the tunnel. I emerged from the tunnel at the base of the mountain on the other side in the dark with street lights still on. Then in about 3 to 4 mile, suddenly the sun rose again. That was a strange experience - 2 sunrises in one morning.
      Last edited by leehljp; 04-11-2020, 10:04 PM.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Black walnut
        Administrator
        • Aug 2015
        • BT3K

Happy Easter to all.

Thanks for the story Hank. I can imagine how strange that would be. Many a day I have chased the moon down only to be caught from behind by the sunrise.
        just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• atgcpaul
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2003
          • Maryland
          • Grizzly 1023SLX

Happy Easter everyone.

This is our first Easter back in the US in 3 years so it's weird to not be able to celebrate with my parents and sister's family for another year. We were actually living in Jerusalem for the past 2 years so it must be even stranger there. This is high season over there and the city would normally be packed--pilgrims coming to see Christian sites as well as family traveling to Israel to celebrate Passover. Now they are experiencing a fairly strict lockdown and the sites are closed.

Comment

• capncarl
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2007
            • Leesburg Georgia USA
            • SawStop CTS

I was craving a nice spiral ham, but we are not breaking our house arrest when there is still food in the house.i found a large can of Spam in the pantry but decided that yesterday’s leftovers sounded better!

Comment

• leehljp
              Just me
              • Dec 2002
              • Tunica, MS
              • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by capncarl
              I was craving a nice spiral ham, but we are not breaking our house arrest when there is still food in the house.i found a large can of Spam in the pantry but decided that yesterday’s leftovers sounded better!
              Since we are low on pork in our freezer, I was thinking of getting some pork chops, roasts and bacon tomorrow (or Tuesday if Monday is crowded) - after seeing this in the news today:

When I go out about once a week, I always wear some HF gloves (and don't throw them down on the ground like many others do) and I wear my mask religiously and keep my distance. When I have to go out, First thing I do after returning is wash my hands; pull my clothes off and put them in the washer, wash my hands again. This is LOML's regimen for me!
              Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...