• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

I'm a Magician!

Cleaning up a tad in my shop, needing to find two long lost J shaped shelf brackets to hang some stuff - I FOUND them (after being gone for 2 years.) I then had to go into the house and retrieve my impact driver - to put in two 2 inch screws to hold the J brackets. Grabbed the two J brackets, set one down behind me on the table, put one screw through one J bracket into the 2x4, turn around to get the other J bracket and it is Magically GONE. I do mean GONE Gone!

I'm a Magician! Any money in this line of work?
    Last edited by leehljp; 04-08-2020, 05:37 PM.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Speaking of Gone:

(From the Pen Forum):

Wife, calling out from another room: "Do you ever get a stabbing pain in your chest, you know, like someone is sticking pins in a Voodoo doll with your image on it?"

Me: No, Why?

Wife (about 5 seconds later) "How about now?"

Click image for larger version

Name:	AFTER ISOLATION.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	839111
    ​​​​​​​
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• radhak
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2006
      • Miramar, FL
      • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Great jokes, Hank!

And yes, that magic you speak about, been there done that!
      It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
      - Aristotle

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

Evidently j brackets sprout legs?

one of our favorite sayings around here.... never mess with a man that owns a backhoe.

Comment

• Jim Frye
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Maumee, OH, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Oh Hank, not surprised at all. I consistently have pencils disappear in the shop despite having them scattered all over the shop. It only takes seconds for the event to occur. No matter how much I clean the shop, stuff simply vaporizes when my look elsewhere. At 73, I’m beginning to think the disappearance is in my short term memory, not the item itself.
          Jim Frye
          The Nut in the Cellar.
          ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• cwsmith
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2005
            • NY Southern Tier, USA.
            • BT3100-1

It is an unexplained phenomenon how so many things can come up missing in the blink of an eye, and often be found a few hours or a few days in almost the same place where they were thought to be lost. Perhaps it can be explained by quantum physics or something that we humankind have not yet discovered.

I do know that I have a lot of duplicate tools for just that reason. There are very few things that are more frustrating than a lost tool in the middle of a project. For that reason, I figure that if you own multiple hammers, screwdrivers, sockets, and tape measures, you'll surely not misplace them all at the same time! One way to find a lost tool is to go buy another! Hardware is the same way, and life has taught me to make sure you have extra.

Years ago I lost a chisel I had been using when working on the deck I was building. IT was a strange occurrence at the time (aren't they all) and after hours and then a few days I never found it. Years later when I was putting a new roof on the garage, I discovered it laying up there, next to the outside wall. The mystery was how it got there from the deck. Surely it was too heavy for a squirrel to carry it away! I lost a pair of decent pliers about a month after that... never did find those.

In recent weeks I've been looking for my laminator again, for like the tenth time. Last time I used it was at the Painted Post house. I've searched there several times as well as here, to no avail. I think it will turn up next week sometime, because I just ordered a new one, which will be here at the end of the week... that's the way the Universe works!

CWS
            Last edited by cwsmith; 04-13-2020, 07:36 PM.
            Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

Working...