• Show
Clear All
  • d_meister
    Established Member
    • Feb 2009
    • La Conner, WA.
    • BT3000

Time for some projects

Seeing as I'm house arrested, anyway, these days, and the weather is coming around (soon), I've been thinking of building something. Don't need any furniture, so have been scratching my head a little about it. Then an article came up about how folks are putting food and other necessities in Little Free Libraries to help out those in need. Well that caused me to follow up on Little Free Libraries, which led me to https://littlefreelibrary.org
    Now I'll have to find a legal place to put one and get cracking. I don't own property, so finding a spot will have to come first.
  • Jim Frye
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

We have a couple of those in town. Both are accessible from the sidewalk, so patrons don’t have to enter the property where they are installed. Good idea.
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• Jim Frye
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Maumee, OH, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Oddly enough, a local TV news show did a segment on these last night. The ones they showed were a bit larger than the Little Free Libraries, but made in much the same way. They are actually labeled as Little Free Food Banks. The person they interviewed said he has had to restock one up to six times a day. One was installed along a sidewalk in front of a public park. Keep up the good work.
      Jim Frye
      The Nut in the Cellar.
      ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

Working...