• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WLee
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2004
    • Elkhorn, WI, USA.

Originally posted by Carlos
    Try some butter in espresso for a treat that sounds crazy and tastes amazing.
    I've done the "bulletproof" type coffee thing... butter, cream etc and STRONG brewed coffee in a blender... really gives you a "kickstart" in the morning, and the butter (and fats in it) seem to keep it from just being a brief "caffiene" high.

And yeah, I'll second the "taste" part... wouldn't want to drink ALL my coffee that way, but every now and again.

Comment

• Carlos
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

I really think the bulletproof stuff is total idiocy, but it tastes good as an occasional treat. But I really have cut out all oils and most animal products from my diet, and my joints are happier now.

Comment

• cwsmith
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • NY Southern Tier, USA.
        • BT3100-1

You know that whatever you eat and drink and the flavor therein is pretty much a matter of what you are used to, at least as far as what you "dislike". Take for example a typical Cola. I used to drink Pepsi, then about five or so years before I labelled as being diabetic, I switched to "Diet Pepsi", which too me tasted awful at the time... but I adapted. When Pepsi started to get expensive (in my opinion, as I'm pretty frugal), I switched to the Walmart brand of diet cola. It was definitely different, and not to my taste, but I stayed with it. Several months later I was at a picnic in which the only diet cola was Diet Pepsi... and that tasted simply awful to me, being way to sweet tasting.

I'm the same way with coffee, which I have probably drank at least one cup a day since I was about sixteen. There are simply some really rotten-tasting coffee's out there. I do like drip, hate Perc, and am not overly crazy about any of those machines. While I started out drinking with cream and sugar, I spent about two weeks on a back packing trip and the first thing that went was the can of evap. milk and then the sugar. Spent most of that time drinking my coffee black, and that is still the way I drink it today. Coffee seems to be all the fuss today with so many of us, and subsequently the price per cup appears to have sky-rocketed. I look at MY cup of coffee as something I just want to have, when I want to have it and I don't want any fussing around. So I drink instant! Take cup, pour water into it, and stick in in the microwave. Two minutes and I'm done. No messy filters, no plastic K-cups, no grounds, pots or kettles or French press to clean out and wash. Just a spoon and a cup, and jar to be recycled when it's finally emptied. Yeh, I know, most people wouldn't be caught dead drinking something as low as "instant"... but really it's a matter of what you get used to and what you, yourself, perceive as being good.

Same is true with food. Every year my company would have a family picnic and every year we'd go... people would sit down to that same open-flame charred chicken, not fully cooked and totally void of any added flavoring or spices.... and they'd rave about it. Really? It was barely edible, parts slimy, and parts burnt and interior red and raw looking... no thanks, I'll have a burger! Same is true of the pie they served, white and pasty looking crust and a pop-tart like apple interior. Apparently none of the wives in the company knew how to cook... but apparently we all have different tastes, most always based on what we get used too.

BTW, I still think most cattle are grass-fed, and every now and then that seems to prove itself out... like the latest drought have cattle ranchers sell off massive parts of their herds because of parched grazing lands. But of course, I'm not out there to see first hand, so it's only my opinion. Back here in NY's dairy farming lands, we still graze most, if not all, of our cows, so I guess they all must produce a richness of butter and milk... maybe.

CWS
        Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• WLee
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2004
          • Elkhorn, WI, USA.

Originally posted by cwsmith
          You know that whatever you eat and drink and the flavor therein is pretty much a matter of what you are used to, at least as far as what you "dislike". Take for example a typical Cola. I used to drink Pepsi, then about five or so years before I labelled as being diabetic, I switched to "Diet Pepsi", which too me tasted awful at the time... but I adapted. When Pepsi started to get expensive (in my opinion, as I'm pretty frugal), I switched to the Walmart brand of diet cola. It was definitely different, and not to my taste, but I stayed with it. Several months later I was at a picnic in which the only diet cola was Diet Pepsi... and that tasted simply awful to me, being way to sweet tasting.
          This -- especially that bold part & principle -- is unquestionably true. On your specific note with "cola" drinks, I never could stand -- and usually didn't even LIKE drinking -- "Coca-Cola" in any form; the regular "Classic" Coke was way too "syrupy"; and the various "Diet" versions not only weren't all that pleasing in terms of taste, but always left me with a weird lingering "aftertaste." So I tended to prefer "Pepsi" -- yet at the same time; various "generic" Cola brands were more acceptable than so called "REAL" Coke.

I've realized over the years that probably one of the PRIMARY reasons for that is that -- as a kid -- we very RARELY got to drink any soda-pop, and when we did it was usually a "mixture" of flavors bottled (glass bottles) and made by one of the local (own brand) "soda-pop" manufacturers... in summertime we'd usually get a "crate/case" of bottled soda (literal wooden crate) from a local store, and you would "mix & match" whatever flavors you wanted into that crate (Cherry, Orange, Cola, Root Beer, and a "Black Cherry Cola" flavor that was sort of like a "Dr Pepper/Mr Pibb" but -- at least as I remember it -- just unquestionably a LOT "tastier"). Said crate would then usually need to last us ALL summer, most weeks my brother and I would get to pick ONE bottle (to split/share between two boys); usually as a treat on a Friday evening or Saturday night; possibly rarely (like 4th of July or some insanely HOT week or weekend), we MIGHT get to have a "second" bottle to share, or even a full bottle EACH (like Christmas!)

And the reason I then tended to go for Pepsi rather than Coca-Cola, was that Pepsi was closer in flavor to that old "generic" (independent, non-national) brand.

It's done me good in the years since, because I have absolutely ZERO problem drinking various "store brand" Colas... in fact I actually tend to PREFER them to the "name brands" -- even "Pepsi" now tastes somewhat "off" to me.

In the wider sense, it's also proven to be true of a LOT of other things -- foods & flavors that "recall" things from when I grew up; which I became "habituated" to, and which evoke memories of family (grandparents, etc) that have long since passed away. I've tried to introduce some of those things to various friends, and to say that they are "nonplussed" would be a huge understatement; to them such foods -- whether "main" dishes like German style "brotwurst" (smoked beef/pork sausage that is substantially different than the common, "greasy BRATwurst"), or various "treats" like Plachinda (shredded pumpkin in a pie shell, but salted & peppered and NOT "sweet" nor "pureed" like the common Pumpkin Pie), or even the style of shortbread-sugar-cookie that my grandmother make (friends say it "tastes like sawdust" LOL; but to ME it's a "heavenly" & comforting treat, brings back memories of sitting in my grandmother's kitchen and reading/talking about books & Bible with her, etc).

Of course the same -- opposite -- has often been true of things (especially food or entertainment related) that THEY have wanted to "share" with me... most of it seems rather banal (at best) and "unpalatable" (at worst), with the occasional "how in the world can you even EAT that?" reaction.

As years have gone on, I've realized though that there are many OTHER things where that is true as well. I actually REALLY LIKE the smell of not only "cut pine" (i.e. sawdust, LOL) but also things like the gas/oil/grease smell (stink) from working on cars (along with other "esters" from bondo, fiberglas, and so on)... and have come to realize that such "smells" are/were associated with my father (who worked road construction & heavy equipment in summers, and repaired same,as well as engaging in woodworking as a hobby, in winters); and most specifically the "scent" of all of that eminating from his work clothes and sitting on his lap after dinner when he would come home after a long days work (and no point in changing clothes since he would shower & then head to bed, exhausted).

Some other "odd" things too... like just the other day (few weeks back) I realized that the "appeal" of the home I bought some ~20 years ago -- and specifically that it is built "into" the side of a hill -- was not JUST a logical, rational desire to NOT be in a "flat" area, nor even a "reaction" against the fact that the home I had rented for a decade prior had been flooded out by a sudden "flash flood" downpour; but that it also had to do with TWO things from my childhood: that our family home was built in a low spot and so perennially under threat of a couple inches of water in the basement if/when the power went out (and the sump pump quit; especially likely during the "stormy" season)...

But, it also had a sort of "subconscious" appeal -- and this is the part I only realized a few weeks ago. My home has a "deck/porch" on the front (facing the down-sloping lawn) that is at mid-tree height level -- I have little doubt that I equated that (unconsciously/subconsciously) with my alternate/private "home away from home" when I was a kid... which was a double pier & platform based "treehouse" my father had constructed the base for us in the tree-line at the back of the home property. I loved that "tree-house" and spent countless hours back up there -- morning, daytime, evening, even "camping out" there at night a few times; and of course building/tearing down/reconfiguring anything and everything ON TOP of that platform as it suited my (older) brother and I to do... BTW he has something somewhat similar in the home he constructed, a back porch-deck area that faces a downward sloping tree-lined area. (His is a bit LESS "tree-house-ish" but than again he was also several years older than me when the tree-house was built, and so it was "mine" for not only longer in terms of years, but a far greater percentage of my childhood -- also, it was less important to him, because he had many more age-mate friends nearby whereas I was bereft of such, my school friends all living many miles away:which is probably why I'm not only NOT bothered by "solitude" but tend to prefer it... I was "habituated" to it in my childhood; not in an anti-social way, but just in the fast that I accepted/expected to be alone much of the time.)

CHEERS! And thanks for the "contemplative" line of thought.

Comment

• Carlos
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

DNA testing has shown I have genes that cause me to dislike certain foods. It's not just habit, though I know it often is for many people. I will try anything, I have no food fears, including bugs, cats, or whatever. But I have a gene that makes me dislike chocolate, and another that makes steamed green things taste very bitter to me.

Cat in a spice black bean sauce is quite good. Or was it dog...hmmm...

Comment

• leehljp
              Just me
              • Dec 2002
              • Tunica, MS
              • BT3000/3100

You know that whatever you eat and drink and the flavor therein is pretty much a matter of what you are used to, at least as far as what you "dislike". Take for example a typical Cola. I used to drink Pepsi, then about five or so years before I labelled as being diabetic, I switched to "Diet Pepsi", which too me tasted awful at the time... but I adapted. When Pepsi started to get expensive (in my opinion, as I'm pretty frugal), I switched to the Walmart brand of diet cola. It was definitely different, and not to my taste, but I stayed with it. Several months later I was at a picnic in which the only diet cola was Diet Pepsi... and that tasted simply awful to me, being way to sweet tasting. . . CWS
              I grew up in rural Mississippi on a farm and early on, our food was home grown; lard was used as much as crisco; butter was made at home. And I was partial to fresh farm foods. My dad farmed of course but he had traveled a good bit on occasional business trips and had a wide range of tastes. By the time I was about 9, I accompanied him in the summer months. He always tried to get me to try oysters on the half shell when we traveled to S. MS or New Orleans LA. I was about 12 before I finally succumbed to his request. I gritted my teeth (figuratively) dipped one in sauce, put it in my mouth with a cracker and it was not half bad. Shortly after that, I was in Jackson (MS) one weekend (with mom & dad) visiting my oldest sister in college. My sister took us to a restaurant and we had pizza, only back in then, it was sometimes referred to as "pizza pie". That was abhorrent to me as a "pie" was sweet and in a pie pan. I took a bite and was delighted. Then there was the cheese cake that looked like a "pie". I didn't seem to like names that did not match the food.

One day it dawned on me: "What kind of foods in this world am I missing because I have a bias before I eat it, or bias because I am expecting a certain taste and this one is different?" I never thought it would mean I would be eating raw fish, squid and others stuff some day.

In Japan, they breed their rice specifically for FLAVOR first, and not for the production yields. One day I was taking with a rice breeder/grower from Malaysia. I asked him what he was doing in Japan and he said he was studying Japanese rice breeding techniques. Then he told me about Japanese Rice being bred for the flavor while SE Asia and the USA bred rice primarily for the best volume production. (I have a friend with a PHD from Texas Tech in the seed breeding field. I asked him and he said yes, Japanese breed for flavor while most other countries breed for production.)

One day when we were back home on furlough, LOML cooked some rice. It tasted awful, like cardboard. I told my wife, "Please don't buy that quick rice again, because it has no flavor." She said, "It is not quick rice, it was Uncle Bens! (Or it could have been Mahatma)" Japanese rice does have a great texture and a flavor that differentiates it from high production yield bred rice.

I do not go into eating with the idea that food has to taste a certain way and have learned to accept different flavors and spices from different regions - and appreciate how each has its own great flavors. However, HOWEVER, most restaurants that cook "meals" with multiple choices of vegetables seem to use those large cans and lots of "processed" foods. I will eat it, but they taste like the flavor has been cooked out of it. Fresh foods, real home cooked foods, regional foods - such as beef in Texas, pork in Memphis or mid-west, cajun in South Louisiana, chowders from coastal cities; Malaysia, India, Chinese, Korean, Japanese foods, I love the different types, flavors and nuances of spices. There have been some that I didn't care for, but not many.

Last edited by leehljp; 07-01-2018, 04:17 PM.
              Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Carlos
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2004
                • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

My family was very much stuck on only certain foods. We're from Cuba, and I'll never forget the day my uncle was finally allowed to leave Cuba and join us here. We took him to Vegas, because we have some family that lives there. Took him to the largest, most awesome buffet, and he pretty much refused to eat anything. We had nothing in Cuba, other than plenty of starvation. But nothing at this huge buffet was food to him. That thinking just disgusts me. As a kid, as soon as I could pay for restaurants or apply enough pressure to try new places, I did. Still today, I'm the one responsible for dragging them to new places with strange things. At least now they never protest, because so far, everything I dragged them to kicking and screaming has turned out to be great. Wife was the same way. On an early date I just pulled into a dirt lot in South Tucson with a few taco trailers in it. She thought I was insane. Hasn't eaten any chain-name Mexican food ever again, and has no problem stopping at a shack on the side of the road in Mexico.

I'm allergic to routines and doing things the same way over and over again.

Comment

• cwsmith
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                  • BT3100-1

I find most people very interesting, especially their experiences and sometimes their perceptions of our country. In my last few years before retirement, I had the great honor of acting as sort of a host and coordinator of engineers who came to Painted Post for factory training. In addition to all my other work, it was thought that I might be able to fit these people into my schedule, provide them some familiarization of the area and establish a working schedule for their training, introduction to specific engineering personnel and overall coordinate their six-month stay at our facility.

So, I'd meet them the first day of their arrival, set them up with their own office, take them to the rental where they would stay, set up a personal telephone account (cells weren't wide spread quite yet) and just take them around Corning and the surrounding area so they knew where they could shop, buy groceries, entertain, etc. I'd also have a them over to the house on occasion and just generally make them feel welcome and know that they had a good friend should they ever need anything. Very few had attitudes, and most all were quite friendly, but many came with some concerns. I made a number of friends that I am still in contact with more than two decades later.

One story that I always tell friends is about my friend from Moscow. The morning he arrived he looked very much like what I thought "Russian" would look like and I think we almost immediately became friends. That first afternoon I took him over to his apartment and then drove him into Corning where I introduced him to Wegmans, which around here is about the very best grocery store there is. Our store was only a year or two old at the time and it was very well managed, with almost any kind of food product one might imagine.

(I had recently seen a few News shows in which the misery of Russia was center-pieced. How food was in short supply and inflation was almost out of hand; how some soldiers were selling parts of their uniforms to buy food for their families.)

Well we walked through the store and I took careful notice of my new friend's facial expressions. Sometimes eye-wide and sometimes shaking his head. We were there about an hour and when we left I asked what he thought. His reply was sort of surprising as he remarked, "My God Charlie, how do you Americans afford to EAT?" That of course led to some discussion as he mentioned several food items that were apparently a fraction of our pricing. But, as I explained, it may not be the price difference as much as it may be how long one might have to work to buy that particular item... but he didn't buy into my explanation.

In any case, a few weeks went by and one morning he came into my office very upset, and almost on the verge of tears. "Charlie, please.. you must come to my office right now... I think I am in big trouble!!!" Well, upon following him down the hall I soon discovered that what got him upset was his phone bill which he had just called up on is computer. It was something in the neighborhood of $270 and he was very upset.

I looked at it, seeing the installation at his apartment and then multiple phone calls to his new wife in Moscow. Nothing looked out of order and I started to explain, when he interrupted saying, NO, NO, NO... you don't understand.... it has to be way more than that!" Then he explained that in Moscow a person MUST pay for the full amount of the bill or it would be taken away.. and there was no excuse if the billing was wrong, because THERE, it was entirely the consumer's fault if the bill was properly paid... and he did not want that to happen here in the U.S. and not be able to call his wife.

So, picked up his office phone and called the phone company and had the bill confirmed as accurate, I explained the situation and that nobody would come and remove his phone.

With that great news, he jumped off his chair, grabbed me and kissed me on both cheeks, loudly exclaiming, " I LOVE AMERICA....You can't afford to eat, but you can talk on the phone all you want !!"

Over the months we got a lot of misconceptions straightened out. When he left, we had him over for supper again, and he gave me a pellet rifle he had bought on his first night here, stating that it was the only weapon they would let him buy... we joked about that and why he thought he needed "protection". "Well, in Moscow we think America is full of gangsters, and I was very worried!"

So it is with us humans, we only know what we may be taught and our perceptions are not always what they should be.. Still, it is best if we keep our guard up I think...at least until we learn otherwise.

CWS

Comment

• Carlos
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2004
                    • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

I managed some Indian and Pakistani programmers for a while. Interesting people. Always friendly, but they have different standards. We'd give them a stipend for housing that was pretty good, but they'd pack six into a two or three bedroom apartment. Several times I told them that they MUST shower on both Monday and Wednesday, not just Friday night. But they were always on time, always worked late with me, and didn't whine.

Comment

• leehljp
                      Just me
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Tunica, MS
                      • BT3000/3100

I enjoyed the inter-cultural communications misconceptions when overseas. Very amusing.

One of my missionary friends lived in Toyota city before I moved there. Being an American, often times Toyota engineers and business managers would take advantage of an American friendship to practice English. My friend loved driving in spring and fall with the windows down on his car for fresh air. However, in Japan, most diesel trucks had the exhaust coming out of the side, and if the windows are down in a vehicle next to them, then they will be flooded with diesel smoke. Made my friend mad on several occasions. One night he had some Japanese friends over, specifically some Toyota engineers. He asked them, "Why do you design your diesel trucks with the exhaust aimed outward instead of upward?" The engineers looked surprised and one said: "We don't drive our trucks like you do in America crossing rivers and streams!" (They had watched too many American Smokey and the Bandit movies!) Surprisingly we often met many people whose ideas about the USA was formulated on American movies!

The reverse is also true. A childhood friend married an engineer who worked for a major USA industrial electronics company. When the engineer who was the Quality Control Engineer on a particular project came to Japan to check on some of the production, he called me and introduced himself to me. We hit it off and became good friends almost immediately. He came to Japan 2 to 4 times a year over several years, and most of the time, he worked with engineers at the factory near where I lived. Usually, he would spend one night with us. One evening after spending a day at the factory, he called and sounded frustrated. I went and picked him up and brought him back to my house to spend the night and we had a talk. It seems that there was a problem in the manufacturing of a particular product. My friend and his other USA company engineers knew how to correct the problem and he had brought the specs for the change. I asked: "When you first laid out the specs, and signed the contract, were you in the USA?" He said "Yes". Next I asked, Were the same Japanese engineers and manager in the USA that signed the contract the same ones he was dealing with now?" Again, he said "Yes."

I then told him, "You are now in THEIR territory. Rules of engagement change when in THEIR territory. Even IF you are paying the bill." Tomorrow, go in and state the problem, then ask, Do you think you could find a way to correct this specific problem?" Me again: "I will bet they will come up with the same solution as you already have. In their territory, it is rude for a foreigner to order their boss on what to do. On their territory, ask or tell in the passive voice. Works well!" The next day, he called me by lunch and said, "You were right! That worked. They came back with the same solution that I had offered!"

About 8 years later when in Nagoya, another friend called and said he was coming to Nagoya for a business trip. He was bringing his chief engineer. A company that made onboard system back-up electronics on certain satellites were freezing in space. When we met, I told him the same story above. Tell them the problem; Ask for their solution even though the USA engineer knows the corrections needed. See what they can come up with. At the most it will cost a day, and if your problem is specific enough, they can figure it out within an hour or two. Sure enough, I got an email that the Japanese engineers figured out the solution in a very short time. Culture can interrupt solutions depending upon location.

CWS, one of our missionaries came to Japan and had the USA mindset on prices. We were paid almost double in Japan versus a USA side salary due to cost of living higher there. The new missionary was always complaining about not having enough money for groceries and utilities. One day, another missionary confronted him about his spending. But he was not spending. Before coming to Japan, he learned what our Japan side salary was going to be (twice as much) and at that point had half sent to his state-side bank! No wonder he was short on money on the Japan side!
                      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Carlos
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2004
                        • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Sometimes the differences are fun, sometimes they are awful. We will not do business with certain middle Easterners because 100% of them have just been awful to our female employees. One was so bad with this we finally fired him and his company as customers.

Support line rings...woman answers...<CLICK>

Support line rings...woman answers...exasperated sigh<CLICK>

This happens a few times and we can see who is calling, so I pick up the next call. "Ah, thank you, finally a man who can help me." So I hung up.

Also, the reason he was calling was not something I handle, and one of those darn women is the only one who is going to help.

Comment

• cwsmith
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2005
                          • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                          • BT3100-1

It isn't just "middle easterners" that act like that, though I do agree that I've had that experience with many of them. I live next to a doctor, he is Taiwanese, spent a good share of his early life in Brazil, and is a very nice guy. While we get along quit nicely he does have his eccentrics ... like he will not generally talk to my wife, unless we are in a general social situation. But out in the yard, he just waves her off and points to his wife...doesn't say a word, but it's like, " I'm busy, go talk to her".

But there's a lot of us American guys who have what I would say is a "difference". Years ago when I got my Ham Radio license, I asked my wife if she was at all interested. Long story short, she took the exam on the next occasion... actually took the first three written exams of the series and aced every one of them.... including the five and thirteen word-a-minute Morse code exams. You know, except for one older guy, every man in that area wouldn't talk to her, wouldn't acknowledge her achievement and for months just scoffed at the fact that she got her license.

At the next exam date, she passed the last two elements, only missing one question... and, she passed the 20 wpm. (Leaving me behind for a couple of years.) She was asked to take over the test team, by the guy who held that position back then. She refused, stating that she didn't think anyone in the local clubs would support her.

I don't know what it is about some guys, but it isn't particular to a region IMO. In this particular case, my thoughts were that the hobby was a "guy thing" and having a female out perform them was something they just couldn't handle. It was sort of like Danica Patick, hard to accept at first.

BTW, a couple of years went by and she started her own test team, which was quite popular for about twelve years... I helped

CWS

Comment

• woodturner
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 2008
                            • Western Pennsylvania
                            • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

I don't know what it is about some guys, but it isn't particular to a region IMO.
                            I want to be clear that I am responding to your comment and discussing it, but am not directing criticism at you. This is really more a comment on the broader context, it is not directed at you at all.

I find it really sad that, in this day and age, racial and gender stereotypes are still so prevalent. I can kind of understand a man from a culture where it is culturally and sexually inappropriate to talk to a woman when her husband is not present, but stereotypes relating to bathing for example baffle me.

Sadly I have encountered similar misconduct in engineering. Far too many engineers don't want to listen to the technician, or the woman, or the guy from Viet Nam, but their ideas and practices are often as good or better than the US born engineer.

I think a lot of people must be really insecure and scared to death someone else will demonstrate greater competence, and it has been my experience that the most defensive and racist are often the least competent.

Perhaps one day we shall overcome, I had just hoped it would be in my lifetime....

--------------------------------------------------
                            Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• Carlos
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2004
                              • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

You have a good point about competence and the relation to having gender or race biases. Also I certainly didn't mean to suggest that only a certain group is sexist, but literally that 100% of that group, when they have been our customers, have caused gender problems for us.

Comment

• Carlos
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jan 2004
                                • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Something just reminded me of this. Just a few years ago, when you think people are finally past this, we were sitting around having drinks on the boat dock with an acquaintance who is 70-something. My wife was talking about getting a tattoo. He asked, "Would you let her do that?" Um, what? Like she's five years old?

Comment

Working...