• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Woodworker's Guild of America?

Lately, I have been getting almost daily email invites for joining the "Woodworker's Guild of America" for $3.00

1. I never heard of it, or if I had, I didn't pay any attention to it.
    2. It comes in some days two or three times in my mail, almost like Spam.

I went to the site today and it looked OK but I didn't browse through much.

Do any of you go to that site, or are you a member of the WWGOA?

Your thoughts?
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • dangre
    Norum Fewbie
    • Oct 2009
    • Gardnerville, NV
    • BT3100-1

Holy smoke, are they still in business? That's right, you were in Japan when they bought up woodworking mailing lists and sent everybody in the country free junk like pencils, drill hole cards, and numerous other items to get them to sign up. Which I did. They're sole purpose seemed to sell you regurgitated plans and books. They did actually have a decent line of well bound and informative books, but they started repeating the same chapters with different titles. This discussion on Lumberjocks might give you an idea of what they've been up to recently. Lumberjocks.
    Dan

In a recent survey, 4 out of 5 hammers preferred thumbs.

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by dangre
      Holy smoke, are they still in business? That's right, you were in Japan when they bought up woodworking mailing lists and sent everybody in the country free junk like pencils, drill hole cards, and numerous other items to get them to sign up. Which I did. They're sole purpose seemed to sell you regurgitated plans and books. They did actually have a decent line of well bound and informative books, but they started repeating the same chapters with different titles. This discussion on Lumberjocks might give you an idea of what they've been up to recently. Lumberjocks.
      Thanks for the heads up on this. I do remember them, now that you mentioned it, just didn't realize this was the ones talked about back then. AND I am getting to the regular "forgetting" stage.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

Just a minute ago I opened a Pinterest site that was emailed to me saying it had something Woodworking I might. It was 10 dirt simple jigs. The site was 10 dirt simple jigs everyone needed, sponsored by the wood workshop.net. I didn’t see any jigs, just a page full of writing which I didn’t bother to read. Yep, probably another site where someone is trying to make a living from home selling plans or something. It seems that Pinterest has become another favorite hosting site for this kind of activity rather than a site for people to share their photos. Sad. These folks need to just get a job.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

I recommend don't waste time on that organization.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...