• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Is everyone set up, ready for the solar eclipse? Glasses in your possession? Designated driver on hand?
    The Seneca SC news is announcing that all accommodations are sold out, as well as campgrounds! Nothing like sleeping in the car till the traffic dies down.
    capncarl

Comment

• atgcpaul
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Maryland
      • Grizzly 1023SLX

My kids' summer camp said they're going to be indoors and won't be watching the eclipse. I guess they didn't want the liability. I made a quick and easy pinhole camera for them, too. Oh well, I'm going to use it at work.

My area is going to have 81% eclipse. Weather guy said even with 81% sun coverage, we should only expect it to look lightly shaded outside. All the electronic road signs in our area from here to the Delaware shore read "Eclipse 8/21/2017 Plan Ahead No stopping on highways" I noticed traffic was REALLY light this morning so maybe people took the day off or went out of town to watch the eclipse. Traffic is bad enough around here and the eclipse peaks around the time all the DC workers start leaving. Should be an interesting commute (although not for me because I work close to home).

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

Been there, done that! Didn't go blind!

Comment

• tfischer
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2003
          • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
          • BT3100

Originally posted by atgcpaul
          My kids' summer camp said they're going to be indoors and won't be watching the eclipse. I guess they didn't want the liability. I made a quick and easy pinhole camera for them, too.
          What a stupid world we live in.

Comment

Working...