• Show
Clear All
  • onedash
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2005
    • Maryland
    • Craftsman 22124

Deer season is well under way!

Got two does already. Loving this crossbow. The deer aren't coming out as much during the day now that I started shooting them. A fawn was out this morning and another one came around twice yesterday but we can't hunt on Sundays most of the time anyhow. I want to shoot a lot more of them. We have way too many deer around.
    YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.
  • jabe
    • Apr 2006
    • Hilo, Hawaii
    • Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

In Hawaii, you can only use a crossbow if you're handicapped or on private lands. On my island Hawaii (Big Island) we don't have deer, only Feral & Mouflon sheep, goats and pigs. Axis Deer only on Maui, Lani, & Molokai, Black Tail Deer on Kaui only. My son goes to Molokai about 2 X a yr. to hunt axis deer very good meat. I used to love to hunt both rifle & archery but, age finally caught up with me so now i'm resigned to just bird hunting. I usually just shoot 1 bird a yr. and I'm satisfied, leave the rest for the young, I had my time already. I haven't hunted last yr and this year, bad back, just had surgery 3 weeks ago so still recovering. Hope to be able to make the turkey hunt this coming March. Good Luck! Jimmy

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

Onedash....how is your deer season going for you?

Comment

• onedash
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2005
        • Maryland
        • Craftsman 22124

Ended up with 12 in 2016 and only 2 last year Plus a Buck in Wisconsin.

Comment

• onedash
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2005
          • Maryland
          • Craftsman 22124

The plants in my yard as well as the surrounding forest are now greener than ever. With fewer deer some of the saplings can survive and undergrowth is showing up. It still looks mostly like a park though. Hopefully the recovery ramps up quicker and the vegetation can outgrow the hungry deer.

Comment

• twistsol
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
            • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

I took out a doe with my wife's Volvo a few weeks ago. At least it is one fewer deer that will be feasting in our gardens.
            Chr's

Comment

Working...