• Show
Clear All
  • bigstick509
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Macomb, MI, USA.
    • BT3100

I'm out.

After trying to adapt to the new format I am out. Thanks to all.
    Last edited by bigstick509; 08-15-2016, 09:21 PM.

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

"Stick" it out a little more. The new site has its quirks, but I think some functions like posting pictures has actually become easier. I really like that the new site now saves drafts of our posts in progress. It has saved me more than once.

And more importantly, we'd miss you!

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2007
      • Buena Park, CA
      • CM 21829

Not sure if you'll be back to see this Mike, but sorry to see you leave. Hope you'll stick around with us and share some more of your Ukuleles.
      Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• Black wallnut
        cycling to health
        • Jan 2003
        • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
        • BT3k 1999

Sad to see you go.
        Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• tfischer
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2003
          • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
          • BT3100

Sigh... don't adapt to no technologies and you keep new people from joining. Change to adapt and you alienate existing people.

What to do? Come on folks, lets be a little more flexible.

Comment

• BadeMillsap
            • Dec 2005
            • Bulverde, Texas, USA.
            • Grizzly G1023SL

I spent 36 years pushing people into new technology with IBM... I understand the frustration... you just have to move forward and hope they follow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"Like an old desperado, I paint the town beige ..." REK
            Bade Millsap
            Bulverde, Texas
            => Bade's Personal Web Log
            => Bade's Lutherie Web Log

Comment

• capncarl
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007
              • Leesburg Georgia USA
              • SawStop CTS

I've been required to use computers from the first day they came into my factory, ( probably close to 40 years ago ) as a mater of fact I still have the aluminum briefcase that the my first PLC interface came in! I had to learn the different programming languages, put up with all the little computer wars until Bill Gates finally cornered the market and rammed a new version of windows down everyone's throat nearly every year. Now that I've retired I've said good by to social media and only use my laptop as a desk ornament and my iPad for a camera, surfing the interweb and email I have a very low tolerance for computer changes that are not MY idea and to my liking. I fully understand Bigstick509's frustration. I've quit a number of forums myself because of stupid formats, good ole boy moderators and rude and obnoxious members.

Comment

• leehljp
                Just me
                • Dec 2002
                • Tunica, MS
                • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by capncarl
                I've been required to use computers from the first day they came into my factory, ( probably close to 40 years ago ) as a mater of fact I still have the aluminum briefcase that the my first PLC interface came in! I had to learn the different programming languages, put up with all the little computer wars until Bill Gates finally cornered the market and rammed a new version of windows down everyone's throat nearly every year. Now that I've retired I've said good by to social media and only use my laptop as a desk ornament and my iPad for a camera, surfing the interweb and email I have a very low tolerance for computer changes that are not MY idea and to my liking. I fully understand Bigstick509's frustration. I've quit a number of forums myself because of stupid formats, good ole boy moderators and rude and obnoxious members.
                After my first year foray (and only one) into a unix forum in Tokyo, Japan (late '80s), I vowed never to complain again about computer systems. (But I most certainly have!) That was like a maze. A bunch of times I just had to cut the computer OFF. I had no clue as to how to back out of a section on several occasions.

I got my first computer in the mid-80s, an Apple IIc and a dot matrix printer. I was SOOO disappointed with the dot matrix and how ugly it was. My fellow missionary friend just praised how good the dot matrix with NLQ was. I couldn't wait for REAL letter quality. HP came out with a 300dpi inkjet in '89, that finally did what I expected at least. Then it was about 12 - 13 years later that color came out that did what I had in my mind.

I look forward to computer changes but I hate the learning curve. My next step is SIRI that does more than baby steps it does now. I want to control my computer by voice without having to spend an arm and a leg, or a month intensively programming it. I installed SIRI on my computer today and the first question was to find all the contacts from a certain location. It won't do it. It will only find the names of people or companies! To think of all the upgrades I will have to suffer through before the right function arrives - in another 4 or 5 years!

Its like women - can't live with them, can't live without them!
                Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• capncarl
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2007
                  • Leesburg Georgia USA
                  • SawStop CTS

My point was, in the past I HAD to conform to computer changes and act like I liked it. This site recreational and I don't have to conform or act like I like it!
                  Like Bigstick509 said, when it stops being fun it's time to put your marbles back in the sack and move on!

Comment

• dbhost
                    Slow and steady
                    • Apr 2008
                    • League City, Texas
                    • Ryobi BT3100

Sorry to see folks upset by the updates. As uncomfortable as they have been, they are for everyones best interest to keep the site secure, and fully functional. We are ironing out the kinks as fast as we can though! There are a lot of things on the new formats that even we don't like. But we like unintentional data disclosure even less! So all I am asking is please bear with us. It's still the same community of folks out here...
                    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• capncarl
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2007
                      • Leesburg Georgia USA
                      • SawStop CTS

Im good.
                      Thanks to all you guys for what you have done.
                      capncarl
                      Last edited by capncarl; 08-20-2016, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Working...