• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

I get a good laugh out of some utube presenters or actors or whatever you want to call them. In some of my gun utube sites watching I've noticed that the presenter starts out saying" I've never done this before"..... This is all I need to hear, I hit X and find another site. It might be a good video but I feel like to create a technical video someone should have some experience in the subject. Us Ga. Rednecks know that when someone says y'all watch this, this dude if fixing to do something he has never done before and the results are anyone's guess.
    Another laugh is when the video starts you can tell the presenter has let the camera go to his head when he starts talking about his shiny mustache or some other silly crap rather than the video subject!
    Its especially funny when the presenter says uhh every 4th word. I watch his video about 30 seconds, that's about my uhhhh limit and I hit his review button and see how many bad views he has. Reviewers tear up uhhhhhhh'ers something fierce, some good reading there!
    capncarl

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2007
      • Buena Park, CA
      • CM 21829

I'm ok with the occasional "um" if there's enough content in between. Even folks like Capn Eddie and Mike Peace have their occasional "um". I have to tip my hat to these guys who are producing videos on a weekly basis; I'm still employed full time, and really finding it hard to do videos. I have one started on a small padauk platter, got half way in and stalled until I can find to finish.
      Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

I would guess that the videos where the presenter starts out with "I've never done this before" is just making videos hoping for a hit and a check. Well, starting out like that will get neither in my opinion.

Comment

• atgcpaul
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2003
          • Maryland
          • Grizzly 1023SLX

Have you ever seen a Frank Howarth video? It doesn't seem like he's in it for the money (unless he's pulling it in from ad views/clicks), but he seems to genuinely enjoy not just making the item he's presenting but also producing the video. I could imagine producing maybe one video like that but wouldn't have the stamina for it to do it on a regular basis like he does.

Comment

• capncarl
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2007
            • Leesburg Georgia USA
            • SawStop CTS

The thought of having to clean up my shop like Bills to make a video makes me break into a sweat.

Comment

Working...