• Show
Clear All
  • onedash
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2005
    • Maryland
    • Craftsman 22124

Maryland hunting laws just got better

Under the previous laws you had to be 150 yards away from occupied dwellings or get permission. So in order to hunt on my own property I would have needed permission from 6 neighbors and I know all six wouldn't have said yes. This year it changed to 50 yards when using archery equipment. I don't need anyone's permission now. Just waiting for the crossbow I want to go on sale and this fall the deer will be dropping. And my bushes and flowers might do pretty good next year. I just put up some fences recently to try and keep them out of some of the plants. I would say it's working but it was after they decimated what was in there so maybe they are just waiting for some new growth before they start jumping the fences. I had sent emails to the city council trying to get the distance reduced last year but they all told me the existing law. Yet they were trying to solve the overpopulation problem. Glad someone used a little common sense!
    YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Is that 50 yards just for bow? I hope so! I can't wait to see the news once someone in Potomac or Bethesda takes one out in their yard. And I really hope it's longer if using a rifle or shotgun.

Comment

• onedash
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2005
      • Maryland
      • Craftsman 22124

It's just a couple counties and just archery. In one of the counties a tree stand is required so you are shooting generally downward I guess. shotguns and muzzleloaders are still 150 yards but one (additional) county now allows rifles.
      YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.

Comment

Working...