X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

RIP Mr Leonard Lee (Lee Valley founder)

RIP Mr Lee. I think he and a few others have definitely helped to keep hand tool woodworking alive and his company, imo, has the best customer service and from what I've read most feel the same. In this day in age with social media it's hard not to see at least some bad comment about a company cs. But I don't think I've seen any. Really speaks to the owner and his leadership. Condolences to Rob and the rest of the Lee family.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Sorry to hear of his passing, I'm sure he will be missed by all.

I totally agree about L-V customer service and their tremendous offerings. Their catalogs are the very best and their CS is absolutely second to none.

After retirement in 2003, I really became interested in woodworking (as opposed to just household project carpentry). While the local Sears and Home Depot gave me power tools to look at and lust for, it was Rockler and Lee-Valley that really caught my eye. Lee-Valley especially after my first few purchases. Service has always been spectacular.

Here is a link to the memorial statement on Lee-Valley's web page: http://www.leevalley.com/US/LL.html

CWS
    Last edited by cwsmith; 07-08-2016, 02:55 PM.
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• os1kne
      • Jan 2003
      • Atlanta, GA
      • BT3100

I'm sorry to hear of his passing. I've only purchased a handful of items from LV so far, but they've all been top notch, and the company has always been a pleasure to do business with.
      Bill

Comment

• knotley
        Established Member
        • Apr 2003
        • Canada.

Nice article: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle30943693/

Comment

Working...