• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

ROT Rally

The Republic Of Texas (ROT) Biker Rally is held in June each year. http://www.rotrally.com/

It is a 4 day event of good times, motorcycles, and music. The music venue in the past has included a lot of the greats from all genres. Names like Willie Nelson, Ted Nugent, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Twisted Sister, and Charlie Daniels have headlined in the past. This year Friday is mostly metal type cover bands. Saturday features Robbie Krieger who was lead guitarist for The Doors followed by John Kay & Steppenwolf. Steppenwolf is a reformed band but Kay is the original founder of the band.

I have never gone to the rally itself, rather opting to drop by one of the parties at the Harley dealers and checking out the downtown scene. (About 50 blocks are closed off to all traffic except bikes on Friday evening and Saturday.) This year the wife wants to go to the concerts on Saturday so I bought tickets. She will get them, or at least a redacted copy of the receipt, in her Mother's Day card. I may go up on Thursday, camp out for the night, and check out the vender area on Friday before coming back to the house. That would be too much for her to do. We will go up Saturday late in the morning and spend some time checking out the scene before the concerts.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
Working...