• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d_meister
    Established Member
    • Feb 2009
    • La Conner, WA.
    • BT3000

One forum I frequent (Yachtforums.com) doesn't like linked photos because the sites where hosted can change address structure at a later date, and then the content that someone may be looking for in the future may be unavailable. By having images on their own servers, they'll remain available. The whole cloud storage thing is in a state of flux, it seems to me.. "Copy" closed up shop, and Microsoft just reduced the allowance for One Drive. As the competition shrinks, it will be likelier that even Google will follow Microsoft's lead and reduce the amount of free file and photo storage. I like free cloud storage, but won't pay for it. The monthly charges for cloud services will buy a lot of hard drives for back-up!

Comment

• atgcpaul
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Maryland
      • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by d_meister
      One forum I frequent (Yachtforums.com) doesn't like linked photos because the sites where hosted can change address structure at a later date, and then the content that someone may be looking for in the future may be unavailable
      I agree. I had stopped linking images from my Google account with the last version of forum software. However, I'm not quite grasping how to post pictures with this version of forum software without having all my pictures show up at the bottom of my post. Kind of hard to show the progression of a project if you can't show some pics along the way. At least for the time being, the image linking is still working for me.

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

To upload images inline, you can use the following procedure. After clicking on the A to enable the advanced editor,

Click on the image icon on the toolbar as shown below

Click image for larger version

Name:	Step 1.png
Views:	45
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	825572
        When the window opens, clock on the upload tab

Name:	Step 2.png
Views:	33
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	825573

Finally, select the file you want to upload with the "Choose File" button, and then click on the "Send to Server" button. The image should be inserted where your cursor was in the message you were entering.

Name:	STep 3.png
Views:	44
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	825574
        Chr's

Comment

• atgcpaul
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2003
          • Maryland
          • Grizzly 1023SLX

Thanks. I will try that next time.

Comment

• Black walnut
            Administrator
            • Aug 2015
            • BT3K

Why is this thread showing int he recent posts feed?
            just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

Working...