Amazon Prime?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010
    • 1988

    #16
    Originally posted by annunaki
    I just watched this movie-August 24, 2013 on-
    http://viooz.co/ FOR FREE

    Empire State is an upcoming film drama centered on two childhood friends who plan to rob an armored car depository, and the NYPD officer who stands in their way. Directed by Dito Montiel and starring Liam Hemsworth, Dwayne Johnson and Emma Roberts. The film is set to be released straight to DVD & Blu-Ray on September 3, 2013.
    Wrong thread... If there is a right one.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    I have a little blog about my shop

    Comment

    • Cajunrotor
      Forum Newbie
      • Oct 2009
      • 17
      • Texas
      • Ryobi BT3000

      #17
      Not necessarily limited to one month

      I've used the Kindle Lending Library as a Prime member for a while now. Yes, Amazon states that it's for a month, but I have found that NOT to be the case. I'm over that now on an Arthur C. Clark classic and haven't been dinged yet by Amazon.

      But I've found that unlike other Kindle e-books that will synch with my other devices running the Kindle app (iPhone, PC), free books from their library will not synch across multiple devices.

      And you can only borrow one e-book at a time. You have to returned one before you can borrow another.

      Comment

      • chopnhack
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2006
        • 3779
        • Florida
        • Ryobi BT3100

        #18
        Originally posted by Cajunrotor
        And you can only borrow one e-book at a time. You have to returned one before you can borrow another.
        That shouldn't be a problem as most folks read one at a time. I usually do the same, but occasionally have a few going. Have you borrowed more than 1 a month?
        I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

        Comment

        • LinuxRandal
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2005
          • 4890
          • Independence, MO, USA.
          • bt3100

          #19
          Amazon isn't the only place to "borrow" books from. A lot of library's have gone to lending electronically. Mom has been trying to get me to check it out since she bought me my Nook.

          I still prefer actual books, for the most part though. I tend to buy them cheaper, used and can share them freely.
          She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

          Comment

          • annunaki
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2008
            • 610
            • White Springs, Florida
            • 21829, BT3100, 2-BT3000(15amp)

            #20
            Wrong thread... If there is a right one.

            Not if you are discussing Amazon Prime since AP encompasses not only free shipping, kindle downloads but ALSO FREE MOVIES, however not many of AP free movies are as new as http://viooz.co/
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fileodecahedron.gif

            Comment

            • frumper64
              Established Member
              • Feb 2004
              • 376
              • Garland, Tx, USA.

              #21
              The Amazon lending library limit is one free book per month. You can keep it as long as you want, but even if you turn it in you can't borrow another one for free until the next month. I've had it for a couple of years now and like it quite a bit, especially the free 2 day shipping and the lending library. I also stream movies and TV occasionally.
              Jim
              64sedan_at_gmail.com

              Comment

              • chopnhack
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2006
                • 3779
                • Florida
                • Ryobi BT3100

                #22
                I use my local library's electronic lending as well as their physical books.
                I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

                Comment

                • Cochese
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 1988

                  #23
                  Originally posted by annunaki
                  Wrong thread... If there is a right one.

                  Not if you are discussing Amazon Prime since AP encompasses not only free shipping, kindle downloads but ALSO FREE MOVIES, however not many of AP free movies are as new as http://viooz.co/
                  The original discussion is about books. But I do see that's the third time in this thread alone you've advertised that dodgy site.

                  My problem isn't with you, it's the site. Blocked whois info, registered in Romania, subject of DMCA takedown requests. It's clearly not legal, not with the current - in - theaters movies they have and the lack of any sort of legitimate review, promotion, advertising or otherwise from any independent third party site.

                  Frankly, I'm surprised they've allowed the links to stick around here.

                  Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
                  I have a little blog about my shop

                  Comment

                  • annunaki
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 610
                    • White Springs, Florida
                    • 21829, BT3100, 2-BT3000(15amp)

                    #24
                    Where can I review this " subject of DMCA takedown requests", and is it for all movies on their site, or is it for one isolated movie that may be under dispute?

                    They might have ads, but I have Ad Block and would not be aware of any if they existed as part of their revenue earnings.

                    Is there a site that lists any and all web sites that violate the copy-writes?
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fileodecahedron.gif

                    Comment

                    • Cochese
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2010
                      • 1988

                      #25
                      Originally posted by annunaki
                      Where can I review this " subject of DMCA takedown requests", and is it for all movies on their site, or is it for one isolated movie that may be under dispute?

                      They might have ads, but I have Ad Block and would not be aware of any if they existed as part of their revenue earnings.

                      Is there a site that lists any and all web sites that violate the copy-writes?
                      As far as violating copyright, common sense should suffice. Showing movies still in theaters and not charging $20 or so to watch it? Not legal. Not now, not ever.

                      I found the DMCA takedown requests via Google. Not an accurate way to judge something by itself, but combined with the other factors it is. It's about as legal as torrents for the same thing. They've also changed domains from an eu to Co recently. Trying to not get caught, I imagine.

                      I ask again: ever seen any reviews for this website? Wouldn't some tech website be all over this if it was legit?

                      You really think Disney would allow Planes to be streamed for free while in theaters? Come on man.

                      Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
                      I have a little blog about my shop

                      Comment

                      • chopnhack
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 3779
                        • Florida
                        • Ryobi BT3100

                        #26
                        I would personally be careful of such sites, especially sites in or around the soviet union. There are a scores of hackers in that country and surrounding countries that love nothing more than to hack computers and get credit card info. Be warned
                        I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

                        Comment

                        • Cochese
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 2010
                          • 1988

                          #27
                          If it's not readily apparent what a website is selling, you're the one being sold.

                          Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
                          I have a little blog about my shop

                          Comment

                          • chopnhack
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 3779
                            • Florida
                            • Ryobi BT3100

                            #28
                            Originally posted by CocheseUGA
                            If it's not readily apparent what a website is selling, you're the one being sold.

                            Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
                            Bingo, well said.

                            I implied it earlier with this statement <<Great advertising though, it certainly seems more than it is for me>>
                            I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

                            Comment

                            • annunaki
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2008
                              • 610
                              • White Springs, Florida
                              • 21829, BT3100, 2-BT3000(15amp)

                              #29
                              "It's about as legal as torrents for the same thing."

                              Not familiar with "torrents". What is it?
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fileodecahedron.gif

                              Comment

                              • chopnhack
                                Veteran Member
                                • Oct 2006
                                • 3779
                                • Florida
                                • Ryobi BT3100

                                #30
                                Originally posted by annunaki
                                "It's about as legal as torrents for the same thing."

                                Not familiar with "torrents". What is it?
                                Torrents are a way of sharing files. Torrents are large files that are broken down into smaller bites that are then shared throughout the net. People exchange pieces of the file amongst themselves as well as downloading from the "seed" or "seeders". It ends up being a much faster way of downloading files as there are multiple paths to download pieces of the file.
                                I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

                                Comment

                                Working...