• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eezlock
    • Feb 2006
    • Charlotte,N.C.
    • BT3100

what would you do?

It is hard to say exactly what I would, but rest assured I would keep calling
    and hounding him until I got some satisfaction out of it, he has my money and I want it back or the work to be done...end of story! I have learned this over the years, mostly the hard way, a friend or a friend of a friend, or friend's so called
    associate aren't worth wasting your time on! When it comes to money and friendship these two things NEVER mix, don't throw either away on a "loan"
    they never seem to get repaid! My motto is " once burned, twice shy" or as
    a lady I once knew years ago said " burn me once, shame on me, burn me twice
    shame on you".

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

Originally posted by eezlock
      My motto is " once burned, twice shy" or as
      a lady I once knew years ago said " burn me once, shame on me, burn me twice
      shame on you".

I thought the saying went..."Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me".

Comment

• radhak
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2006
        • Miramar, FL
        • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Well, what I ended up doing, was - nothing.

I decided to not approach his 'home', but did call him a bunch of times; obviously he's put me on a 'do not pick up' list. But really, I'm going to forget about this particular handyman and look for other ways to getting this done.

Of course, just about when I'm leaning toward doing this myself, SWMBO has thrown a spanner in the works - she also wants a ceiling fan in the covered part of the porch. Now I gotta think if I might as well call somebody to do the whole thing. I'm not really sure I could dig into the ceiling and put in a box et al. I'll take create a new thread today to discuss this.
        It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
        - Aristotle

Comment

• sweensdv
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • WI
          • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

The situation that you find yourself in is why I decided a long time ago doing something on the cheap usually ends up costing more. If I can't do something myself and need to hire someone to do it for me I always hire someone who makes their living doing it as a business not as a side job.

It also always amazes me how most of these side job "pros" all of a sudden seem to think that they're worth 50-75% more per hour than they make at their day job doing the same thing. They pay no SSI contribution, unemployment insurance premium, federal withholding tax, state tax withholding, use their day job bosses equipment and oh yeah, you privide all materials purchased at retail price! Some deal huh?

Comment

Working...