• Show
Clear All
  • schloff
    Established Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Southern Middle TN
    • Powermatic 64 (BT3000 RIP)

Let It Be

Random play on my MP3 player, this tune comes on. I forgot how beautiful this song is. Maybe it's my headphones, or whatever, but it really hit the mark today.

Say what you will about the Beatles (non-politically of course), they had some fantastic tunes in their time. This one delivers in content and execution.
  • Dal300
    Banned
    • Aug 2011
    • East Central Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

As a fella that grew up with Country, Hillbilly and Western Swing, I agree, Some of the gentle sounds the Beatles came up with are wonderful.

Likewise Simon and Garfunkle, CCR and even Dr. Hook!

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

The Beatles had their own style, and had some great songs. One of my favorite groups.

Comment

• RAFlorida
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2008
        • Green Swamp in Central Florida. Gator property!
        • Ryobi BT3000

Yeah, you guys know your music!

They had some really great stuff. Even when they seperated and had their own music individually, they produced some beautiful sounds.
        That reminds me of Sounds Incorporated, another group from the UK. They became friends with the Beatles and did some of the music (saxophone section) on the "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". (If you got some time on your hands, go to youtube and type in "Sounds Incorporated" and click "Rinky Dink" (originally by Dave "Baby" Cortez) or the "William Tell" (1965).
        "Hey Jude" is still my favorite by the Fab Four...

Comment

• schloff
          Established Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Southern Middle TN
          • Powermatic 64 (BT3000 RIP)

I am all about old or old sounding country music and classic metal, normally. A lot of bluegrass lately. Yes, very strange mix.

But I always have appreciated good music no matter what. The Fab Four really earned their keep in rock & roll history.

Comment

Working...