Looking for ShopNotes discount promotions...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Looking for ShopNotes discount promotions...

What's the best current deal out there for ShopNotes magazine? My subscription is about to run out, and that one I actually like getting...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

I have never seen ShopNotes offer any type of discounted price. Same goes for their sister mag. I let my subscription lapse when it came time for renewal as I felt it was over priced for what you get. I liked the magazine but the lack of ads in the magazine wasn't worth the added cost over other magazines.
    Last edited by sweensdv; 12-20-2011, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

I dunno. I really like the plans, and the magazine itself is just fun to read...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• chopnhack
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2006
        • Florida
        • Ryobi BT3100

FWIW, I have kept an eye out for promo's for shopnotes for a few years and haven't seen any. I get wood mag. which I like but haven't added shopnotes although I really like their plans, always seem to be well thought out, wood mag. too for that matter but the content is different.
        I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

Yeah, my Wood Mag subscription is good for another 2 years... Shop Notes and Wood Mag are my favorites. FWW is a good mag, but not my style, or my skills...

Comment

• chopnhack
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2006
            • Florida
            • Ryobi BT3100

I hear ya, I gave up the FWW some years back. It was certainly drool worthy, but there was a lot of stuff in there that was too artsy for me. The online subscription seemed like a good idea, I haven't done it but when I had free access I wore a new but groove in the computer chair watching all those videos!!
            I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• Pappy
              The Full Monte
              • Dec 2002
              • San Marcos, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 (x2)

I dropped Shopnotes and Woodsmith both several years ago. Part was to scale back on finances but part was because they are an August Home Publication. I was also getting Workbench when they decided to stop printing it and arbitrarily sent me their new decorating magazine as a substitute instead of asking what I would like or offering a refund of the remaining subscription.
              Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
              Fools because they have to say something.
              Plato

Comment

• thrytis
                • May 2004
                • Concord, NC, USA.
                • Delta Unisaw

Check out their offer for new subscribers on their web site (2 years for $28) and ask for that price. Most magazines will renew at the new subscriber rate if you give them a call.

Workbench Magazine became a women's decorating magazine several issues before the changed the name. It doesn't help you now, but they were happy to convert my Workbench subscription to a Shopnotes subscription when i complained. I think most magazines will convert subscriptions or even refund if you give them a call. I once got a free subscription to Better Homes and Gardens and i had them convert it to an extension on my Wood Magazine subscription.
                Eric

Comment

• ironhat
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2004
                  • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
                  • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Originally posted by thrytis
                  <snip> I once got a free subscription to Better Homes and Gardens and I had them convert it to an extension on my Wood Magazine subscription.
                  Who would think of that?! Obviously, you - good for you!!
                  Blessings,
                  Chiz

Comment

• Pappy
                    The Full Monte
                    • Dec 2002
                    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 (x2)

Originally posted by thrytis
                    Workbench Magazine became a women's decorating magazine several issues before the changed the name. It doesn't help you now, but they were happy to convert my Workbench subscription to a Shopnotes subscription when i complained.
                    I did get satisfaction from them. Took a bit of **** raising but they sent me the two most recent (at the time) Shopnotes and Woodsmith. Just irritated me that they changed the magazine after taking my money for a renewal. I'm sure they had the change planned and dates determined 6-9 months before it happened.
                    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                    Fools because they have to say something.
                    Plato

Comment

• RetreadedBear
                      Handtools only
                      • Nov 2012

Shopnotes Discounts

I know my response comes almost 2 years after the fact, but just
                      in case someone else is looking for a discount for the ShopNotes magazine,
                      I recently discovered that Amazon sells the subscription for $24.00 vs.
                      The ShopNotes website price of $28.00.

Happy woodworking

Comment

• dbhost
                        Slow and steady
                        • Apr 2008
                        • League City, Texas
                        • Ryobi BT3100

Funny thing is, Shop Notes is one of the few Woodworking magazines I have been following that doesn't seem to rehash the same articles over, and over, and over again... it's fresh, and useful every time it comes in...

Comment

• toolguy1000
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 2009
                          • westchester cnty, ny

anyone seen anymore of the "two years for $28" offers i saw the last time i re-upped my subscription?
                          there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• cabinetman
                            Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                            • Jun 2006
                            • So. Florida
                            • Delta

Some time back and I don't know how, I wound up with a free subscription, but never renewed for a paid one. I did get a pretty good deal on FWW on one of those coupon sheets my wife got from PCH. We never won the $10 million.

Comment

• thrytis
                              • May 2004
                              • Concord, NC, USA.
                              • Delta Unisaw

I saw a card advertising 2 years of ShopNotes for $30 in one of those packets of advertising cards. The code on the bottom of it is P21013MWA. There was one for Woodsmith for the same price, code was P11013MWA.
                              Eric

Comment

Working...