Robert B. Parker - RIP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • 10627
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

    #1

    Robert B. Parker - RIP

    That is sad. I've read all of his Spenser novels as well as some from his other series. He was older than I thought.

    http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...wwzSBfAE2NfQnA
    David

    The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • 6693
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

    #2
    That IS sad news. I am a voracious reader of private-eye fiction (which wouldn't be as common today as it is, were it not for Robert B Parker) and the "Spenser" novels have long been my favorite series. I was lucky enough to discover "The Godwulf Manuscript" when it was first published in paperback, so I've been reading Parker since the beginning of his career. I'll miss his wit, his economical style.
    Larry

    Comment

    • Mowgli
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2010
      • 89
      • 35 Miles From Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
      • BT3000 - NIB from 10/92!

      #3
      RIP
      He entertained a couple of generations (so far) of PI novel buffs.
      Spenser for Hire was especially cool for us, taking place locally, with plenty of in-the-mean-streets scenes.

      I'm personally a fan of the late Jim Thompson.
      Hardcore PI stuff from the '50s.
      "I'm quite illiterate, but I read a lot" - Holden Caulfield

      Comment

      • cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • 15216
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

        #4
        My wife likes to read that stuff.
        .

        Comment

        • MilDoc

          #5
          ONE OF THE GREATEST AUTHORS OF "SCHLOCK" FICTION EVER!

          And I LOVE his Spencer books.

          As an alternative, read stuff by Michael Connely. No one character, but great writing and novels!

          Comment

          • Woodshark
            Established Member
            • May 2006
            • 158
            • Atlanta

            #6
            This is sad. I've probably read most if not all of the Spencer books as well as the few westerns he was developing in the past few years.

            He will be missed.
            sigpic

            Comment

            Working...