Hey, Hank

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BobSch
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • 4385
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

    #1

    Hey, Hank

    Got this from another board and thought of you.

    Stationed in Okinawa, Japan, my son and his wife were expecting their first baby. I was elated when he called me at work with the news of my grandchild's birth. I took down all the statistics and turned to relate it all to my co-workers.

    "I'm a grandmother!" I declared. "It's a baby girl, and she weighs five pounds."

    "When was she born?" someone asked.

    Recalling the date my son told me, I stopped, looked at the calendar, and said in amazement, "Tomorrow!"
    Bob

    Bad decisions make good stories.
  • leehljp
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • 8803
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

    #2
    Yes, even now, it is Wednesday here and just mid morning Tuesday for you fellows! We are 15 hours ahead of Central Time in Winter, 14 in DST.

    • I like it when we take off from Japan around noon and arrive in Seattle, San Francisco, or LA several hours before we left!

    • I used to call back to the States and tell people how the day is going to be.

    • On New Years we talk to our family back in the States while it is still "last year".

    • I also achieved every woman's "aging" dream. We took off from Hawaii early in the morning of my 39th birthday and in a few quick hours crossed the International Date Line. Never did have a 39th Birthday! I have crossed the IDL twice on (my) birthdays.
    Hank Lee

    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

    Comment

    • Ed62
      The Full Monte
      • Oct 2006
      • 6021
      • NW Indiana
      • BT3K

      #3
      Originally posted by leehljp
      I also achieved every woman's "aging" dream. We took off from Hawaii early in the morning of my 39th birthday and in a few quick hours crossed the International Date Line. Never did have a 39th Birthday! I have crossed the IDL twice on (my) birthdays.
      And you didn't know your job had perks like that.

      Ed
      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

      For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

      Comment

      • crokett
        The Full Monte
        • Jan 2003
        • 10627
        • Mebane, NC, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

        #4
        There's a riddle that goes something like this: Twins are born, yet the one who was born second is older than the one who was born first. How can this be? The answer is they are born on a plane and the plane crosses the dateline between births.
        David

        The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

        Comment

        Working...