• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Otter
    • Nov 2003
    • Cumming, GA, USA.
    • Delta Left Tilt UniSaw

Gamers note HALO 3

I know that there are a few XBOX gamers in the family so I thought I'd put out a general invatation to "knuckle up and get some"

Gamer tag: OtterXB

Aim, Shoot, Miss, Die!!! Rinse and Repeat
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible

T.E. Lawrence
  • Mrs. Wallnut
    Bandsaw Box Momma
    • Apr 2005
    • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Speaking of Halo 3...how many waited in line for it in your area?

The store that I work at was doing a pre-order of the game and was supposed to be handing it out at 12:01 last night, or early this morning, but we ran into a snag. UPS lost the package and didn't know where it was so my boss and another worker went to Yakima last night to actually buy some copies of the game for our customers that had it reserved. They were only able to get 21 games and we had something like 34 or something like that who had already ordered it from us.

But on a good note we will have our copies of it by tomorrow and will have extra copies to sell.
    Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• p8ntblr
      • Jan 2007
      • So Cal
      • Craftsman 22114

Originally posted by Mrs. Wallnut
      But on a good note we will have our copies of it by tomorrow and will have extra copies to sell.
      Hopefully there will be a market for it. I remember seeing on the news of people buying extra PS3 and then not being able to sell it. I guess because most people (including myself) weren't willing to shell out that kind of cash, regardless if it blue-ray. But even if it doesn't sell I guess eating $60 (or what ever the price was) is better than $500. good luck.

When I was younger I remember lining up for the PS2 when it first came out. The person in front of me was the last one they gave a ticket to (1 ticket = 1 purchase)
      -Paul

Comment

Established Member
        • Jan 2004
        • League City, Tx, USA.
        • BT3100

Is it as good as all the hype? I can think of more than a few games that couldn't deliver. Personally I'm still waiting for Crysis.

Comment

• compgodjds
          Forum Newbie
          • Jul 2006

I waited in line at Walmart. They did a horrible job at getting us the games. They made us sign up on a list and announced our names to pick of the game. THey had some guy that could barely read announcing names. They opened upo another line for people that didn't sign up. That line did 15 people in the same time as the sign up line did 5. Then one guy bought an xbox with his halo 3. They offred him the extended warranty and he asked a bunch of questions about. I went over to the no sign up line and bought it there and was out in 5 minutes after moving lines. FInished the game that night. It was ok. I liked Gears of War better.

Gamertag is compgodjds.

I don't play online much though and I work odd hours but send me a friend invite and will play when I can. Addicted to gamerpoints.

Otter, I sent you a friend request.
          Last edited by compgodjds; 09-26-2007, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Otter
            • Nov 2003
            • Cumming, GA, USA.
            • Delta Left Tilt UniSaw

Originally posted by 25
            Is it as good as all the hype? I can think of more than a few games that couldn't deliver. Personally I'm still waiting for Crysis.
            I can say that the campain is shorter then I would like, i am hunting the skulls to increase the difficulty.

I have to do some ranked matches and play with the map editor yet to give a full review.

Over all it is a slam dunk, and I have a Mark V helmet on my desk
            All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible

T.E. Lawrence

Comment

• Otter
              • Nov 2003
              • Cumming, GA, USA.
              • Delta Left Tilt UniSaw

Originally posted by compgodjds
              I waited in line at Walmart. They did a horrible job at getting us the games. They made us sign up on a list and announced our names to pick of the game. THey had some guy that could barely read announcing names. They opened upo another line for people that didn't sign up. That line did 15 people in the same time as the sign up line did 5. Then one guy bought an xbox with his halo 3. They offred him the extended warranty and he asked a bunch of questions about. I went over to the no sign up line and bought it there and was out in 5 minutes after moving lines. FInished the game that night. It was ok. I liked Gears of War better.

Gamertag is compgodjds.

I don't play online much though and I work odd hours but send me a friend invite and will play when I can. Addicted to gamerpoints.

Otter, I sent you a friend request.
              Got the request, i will invite when I see you on, we play a basic game, some trash talk but all in fun.

T.E. Lawrence

Comment

Working...