• Show
Clear All
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

Amazon and Werner MT ladders

As I have never ordered from Amazon, do they have discounts and such? I have a annual anniversary coming up, to a one time event, and was trying to figure out what I needed to spend the accounts receivable on (not what I want to unfortunatly). As I have several projects this year, (house painting, gutter replacing, possibly the roof), I was looking at one of those Werner, little giant clones (for a lot less, MT26). My experiences with these has been on my dad's Little Giant 17. So I know the ladder would help with the gutters, but anyone have experience with these?
    Thanks
    Hoping I don't fall off!
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.
  • just4funsies
    • Dec 2005
    • Florida.
    • BT3000

I have a Gorilla 16' jointed ladder (from HD) that works pretty well, but what they don't tell you is that the particular configuration you set it up in affects the load rating (like you wouldn't want to open it to straight 16' and use it for a scaffold, because it will not support your weight in the middle). I also have to be VERY careful that the latches snap completely into place, or it will fold up with me in it.

As for Amazon, they constantly run sales and discount promotions (sometimes both at the same time) as well as free accessories or free tool promotions (with purchase). Some of the promotions may be for certain products, others may be for their whole line. They will almost always be prominently displayed on the website. Be careful, though, because their promos rarely apply to merchandise shipped from 3rd party vendors, rather than from Amazon stock.
    ...eight, nine, TEN! Yep! Still got all my fingers!

Comment

• Scottydont
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Edmonds, WA, USA.
      • Delta Industrial Hybrid

I have the Gorilla form HD. Comapred to the Little Giant it weighs a ton. Not so bad for added stabililty. I will never by a standard ladder again!
      Scott
      "The Laminate Flooring Benchtop Guy"

Edmonds WA

No coffee, no worky!

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
        Veteran Member
        • May 2003
        • Nanuet, NY, USA.
        • BT3100

Lowe's carries Werner ladders, and they usually have specials. For my money and safety, you can't beat a Werner.

PS. If you really dont need fiberglass, stick with aluminium, major weight difference, the 'glass latters weigh a ton.

Bruce
        "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
        Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• should_have
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2006
          • Baltimore, MD
          • BT3100

MT-22 Werner from Lowes

LinuxRandal I have the Werner MT-22 purchased from Lowes for $199. I would rate it 4 out of 5. Love it except for the extension part when extending full 22'. Scary to raise at 22’ and felt a little uncomfortable on it when fully extended. Meaning I felt like the ladder was bowing too much when cleaning my second story gutters, I weight 240lbs.
          Other than that I really love the features of the Step ladder and wished maybe I would have purchased a MT-26, but still a little tricky walking/raising the ladder versus a normal extension ladder.

Comment

Working...