• Show
Clear All
  • tfischer
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2003
    • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Cobra Coil bandsaw spring

Has anyone here upgraded the spring on their band saw? Mine is pretty much bottomed out but I still don't have the tension I need to resew properly. Looks like the Cobra Coil might be a good upgrade but wanted to check here before spending so much money on a simple spring.
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

I have one although right now its not in my BS. I have a PM 14 with riser and when I first got it I also bought a 3/4 resaw blade and just could not get it tensioned right. I suspected the spring and PM sent me another under warranty so then I had 2 and still no joy. I then bought a cobra thinking that the standard PM spring just couldn't tension such a thick blade so then I had 3. Still same problem and I was going mad. I then figured out that the issue was the blade and it was too big! Wasn't much but it was plenty enough to make it that no BS spring was going to get it tensioned. Changed the blade and all was well. So now I have 3 bandsaw spring including the cobra and I dont think I will ever be needing any more.

IIRC the Cobra is only $20 so if you need a new one may as well get it.
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

Comment

Working...