Parting out BT3000 Keep motor, wrenches & other items as spares?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ballard770
    Established Member
    • Jan 2016
    • Washington State
    • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by LCHIEN
    the 15A is more powerful than the 13A, most people won't notice the diff. THe motors I think are interchangeable but parts from one motor won't fit the other e.g. brushes.
    The auxialiary table used to go for around $20-30
    Angled shims- not sure what those are...?
    parts to keep - the plastic parts at the back end of the rip fence all broke/cracked, crumbled after a while and I had to replace them.
    A spare SMT would seem to be handy for fixturing, or maybe not.
    The locking knobs for the rails, some of the miter fence parts.

Good luck
    The table that I got with my 2nd parts saw is not the Auxiliary (Accessory table) table that is also for a router/scroll saw attachment point - about 8" X 22". The table I was refering to (PN 4730300) is called Wide Table Kit and extends to the right of the saw adding 42" to the width to the right of the saw. the top of the table is approx 22' X42" and would allow for a very wide cut. In the 20+ years that I have had the bt3000 i can think of only a few occasions where I would need more than the standard bt3000 can extend. I found one on ebay that listed for $175 but a best offer was accepted and that info is not avaiable on ebay and the seller wouldn't tell me what the saw sold for. I will probably list it for a similar amount and accept a lower offer if it is reasonable.

I would attach a picture from the cover of the owners manual for the wide table kit but so far it is above my pay grade to figure out how to attach a picture.

The shims are the two right angle shims that attach to the guide holder. I have seen some that are smooth and others that have slots in them and i don't know if they are interchangeable between bt3000 and bt3100. I have only one of the angled shims and they are not available thru Ryobi's parts department. I The other two shims are flat and I do have two spares of them that i will hang on to - and to live with MURPHY those shims are available at Ryobi.

I really hit paydirt when i bought that old bt3000 because in addition to the miter clamp, 15 amp motor and the wide table kit it also has a Forrest WoodworkerII thin kerf blade that looks almost new or at least recently sharpened.

Comment

• ballard770
      Established Member
      • Jan 2016
      • Washington State
      • Ryobi BT3000

Since there are still replies to this thread I will post this here rather than starting a new thread. I am still parting out 2 BT3000 and I am of the opinion that the front, rear and side panels should be just thrown in the recycle bin. Additionally the Aluminum Saw Table and aluminum Locker Bracket don't seem to be really saleable on Ebay so I would also put them in the recycle bin or hold them and take them to a recycler for $ if it is worth anything - they probably don't need replacing.

any comment will be appreciated.

Lee

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Regarding the "Wide Table Kit", Just to make sure you are using the correct terms:

There are several things.

The wide table kit consisted of two (front and back) extension rails and the hardware to join them to the existing rails. BT3000 ones had silver rails, BT3100 ones had black anodized rails. It did NOT include a top or legs.
        Here's the manual: http://pdfstream.manualsonline.com/2...ad1a11af9e.pdf

There is also a wide table leg kit which consists of some metal brackets to support a wide table.

There was a vacuum air table which would mount to the wide table kit and leg set. This was a $120 option that was intended to connect to a exhaust or suction from a shop vac and use chambers and hole patterns on the table top to either float sheet goods being crosscut or secure sheet goods for sanding. These were pretty rare,

Most people cut up MDF or plywood and made their own wide tables and mounted them to the wide table kit and the leg set.

There is another table confused with the above and that's the quick fold table. That was for outfeed use and had hinges that attached to the rear rail and was about 4'x4' with a single adjustable leg for supporting long rips or wide crosscuts.
        Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-22-2016, 08:54 PM.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• ballard770
          Established Member
          • Jan 2016
          • Washington State
          • Ryobi BT3000

I have the silver rails, with attaching hardware -all except for two spacers that appear to be to set the brackets away from the rear rail so that the end of the rip fence will clear the table extension to be able to fasten the end of the rip fence. I think that i can use some washers to get that spacing.

I also have the wide table leg kit to support the outboard end of the wide table.

Additionally, I now know that the top that I got with the saw wide table is the 'vaccuum air table' with the connector on the bottom for hooking up a vacuum or dist collector. I may just keep it to use as a platform for sanding small items as well as for having my cabochon maker and buffer for silversmith polishing on - silversmithing and lapidary work can create a lot of fine dust - some of it may be toxic too!

I think that when I have canibalized the two saws and possibly the one or two that I have my eye on I will just recycle the sheet metal side, fron and rear panels and I possibly will take the aluminum table top and aluminum Locker Bracket to the recylcler to see if it is worth the time and mileage to take it there.

I pulled one 13 Amp motor out of the cabinet and it was a pain in the neck because I just did it the Norwegian way and started diconnecting parts so that I had to backtrack a little to get it all apart.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

More info fro FAQ on vacuum/air table

This is a rare Ryobi-designed accessory (p/n 4730320). It mounts as the table top with the
            extension rails. It is a thin box with a perforated top. It has a vacuum hose port and an internal
            plenum gating arrangement so that a shop vacuum can be attached. If you attach the exhaust, the
            top will provide a nearly frictionless surface for large panel cuts. If the vacuum is attached, then
            the top will hold down items for sanding and routing while collecting dust as well. The internal
            gating allows adjusting the area of the top that is “active” so as not to lose pressure/vacuum
            through large unused areas of the top.
            It has not been really popular, some say it is best to use a vacuum with a separate motor cooling
            fan like the old Ryobi vacuum (no longer available) or the Fein turbos since it will be sucking on
            a closed end with little air flow. Other complaints have been that the top is flimsy, but others have
            said it works as advertised and they like it. You need a wide table kit to use this (comes with
            hardware to attach between the rails). Every once in a while they turn up.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• jpk
              Forum Newbie
              • Jan 2013

I had my motor rebuilt after I burned it out. It cost around $200.00 but that was 14 years ago. If that happened now I'd just buy a new saw.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                Internet Fact Checker
                • Dec 2002
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

Ballard, you asked about the flotation table. I looked thru my current and previous computer and did not find the manual bt there migth still be some older places I have it so don't give up yet.

Here's some info... this shows the hole pattern and the port to activate with a vac/exh hose to work on 1/4, 1/2 or the whole table.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	floatationtable.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	787626
                IIRC, the top was made with holes on 1" centers and the holes were like 1/4". Very much like pegboard you can buy at the store inexpensively.

One of the keys was the flotation table had a sliding gate underneath that allowed you to direct the flow to 1/4, 1/2 or the full table using some air passages in the interior. This prevented loss of too much air when you had a small object on the table.

Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• LCHIEN
                  Internet Fact Checker
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Katy, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 vintage 1999

I always wanted one of those flotation tops - how much do you want for it and how hard would it be to ship?
                  Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

Working...