Where to find Oregon Myrtlewood, and Redbud lumber?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Where to find Oregon Myrtlewood, and Redbud lumber?

I have been asked by my mom to build a funerary urn for her (She's 78). I am one of 3 children she had, one stayed in Oregon, I moved to Texas, and my oldest brother, is in Oklahoma. I would like to include woods from the respective places

Now I know officially the Douglas Fir is the state tree of Oregon, but I can honestly say that I, and my family would have been MUCH happier if they had chosen the Oregon Myrtlewood...

And in keeping with the motif, I need to source up a relatively small amount of Myrtlewood, and Redbud lumber, approx 2 bd/ft of each in 4/4. That should give me enough to mess up and still have a good project when I am finished.

The idea is a rectangular box, top and bottom of Pecan, long sides of Redbud, and ends of Myrtlewood. A Cross and a Butterfly will be inlaid in the top, and a plaque will be engraved in Titanium and affixed to the box when the time comes.

It should go without saying, I have more than enough pecan to represent Texas, so no need to add any there, and before we finalize the design, I need to verify with the state, and cemetery / mausoleum what the requirements for wooden urns would be. Ugh... Too many details!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Might try http://www.woodfinder.com/

There was one result for the Oregon Myrtlewood
    Erik

Comment

• TB Roye
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Sacramento, CA, USA.
      • BT3100

Try www.cookwoods.com they are in Oregon I have bought from them at the woodwork shows. The will probably have what you need.

Tom

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by TB Roye
        Try www.cookwoods.com they are in Oregon I have bought from them at the woodwork shows. The will probably have what you need.

Tom
        Thanks, that is what I am looking for, at least with the Oregon Myrtle.

I need to talk this out with my brothers, perhaps I could con them into sending me a couple of board feet of each.

The brother in Oklahoma might actually know where to find the lumber local to him and ship it off. The brother in Oregon as much as I love my brother, I just don't think has the knowledge or connections to source up the needed material. Love my family but this brother is just not a woodworking kind of guy...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...