• Show
Clear All
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

Whaler, you around? Starter turning tools

I tried to send you an email through the site, but it may not have gone through. I picked up a 1940 Powr-kraft branded lathe at a garage pre estate, sale. (guy retired at 87 due to loss of shoulders)
    His tools sold with his other, larger lathe. Can you recommend what you would tell someone starting out to get? I see doing things like spindles, handles for tools, pens, and smaller items. (don't really see the point of bowls, at least not on a small lathe)

Thanks
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.
  • Whaler
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Sequim, WA, USA.
    • DW746

Your email showed up this morning and you have a reply on the way. I'm a bit rushed right now but I'll get back to you later today, may have a real deal for you.

Just sent you a PM.
    Last edited by Whaler; 07-26-2014, 09:05 AM.
    Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

all the e-mails leaving the site got delayed when the mail server hung. Apparently for at least 40 days before it was noticed.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

Just replied to your pm. Thanks.
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...