X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

Ultimate work table

Saw this posted on WTO and thought I'd repost. This thing is majorly droolworthy. And yes, that's a word. I just made it up.

I have a little blog about my shop
  • mikel
    Established Member
    • Jul 2006
    • philadelphia
    • bt 3100

cool

that is a really nice bench...

...m

Comment

• trungdok
      Established Member
      • Oct 2012
      • MA

want!!!

Comment

• lrr
        Established Member
        • Apr 2006
        • Fort Collins, Colorado
        • Ryobi BT-3100

I saw that workbench awhile back, and was just amazed. I thought about it for a minute or two, but I'd need to be about 25 years younger (or live until I'm about 100) to have enough time to build a workbench like that, considering all my other projects. Sometimes I have a feeling that I could just build stuff for the shop for the rest of my life, and never actually produce anything that gets used by someone else (translation: wife).
        Last edited by lrr; 11-25-2013, 11:37 AM.
        Lee

Comment

• TB Roye
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Sacramento, CA, USA.
          • BT3100

Great would love to have one, but does it do windows? Every time I want a new tool(toy) LOML wants to know if it does window.

Tom

Comment

• Brian G
            • Jun 2003
            • Bloomington, Minnesota.
            • G0899

I think every Festool tool ever made is in the background.
            Brian

Comment

• JimD
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2003
              • Lexington, SC.

The most interesting thing to me is the cross-cut setup for the track saw. I will need a different cross cut setup at the new house and a different work bench so this could be something I try to duplicate.

Comment

• cobob
                Established Member
                • Jan 2004
                • Rolla, MO, USA.
                • BT3100

Yeah well if it was that great it would have a coffee mug warmer ... or a beer cooler ...

Comment

• Cochese
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2010

Originally posted by JimD
                  The most interesting thing to me is the cross-cut setup for the track saw. I will need a different cross cut setup at the new house and a different work bench so this could be something I try to duplicate.
                  That was my thought as well. The side pin on the vise is nice.

I will at some point get a Festool track saw. I might have to do something like that.
                  I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• jussi
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Cochese
                    That was my thought as well. The side pin on the vise is nice.

I will at some point get a Festool track saw. I might have to do something like that.
                    Be careful about taking a sip of the green kool aid. Before you know it you'll be drowning in Festool green. DAMHIK

I've seen that vid posted on the Fog forum before and plan to use something like it on my next assembly / router table. But use qwas dogs to align the rail instead of mounting it directly to the table. Or maybe try out the new rip dogs. I guess the downside is the holes would be 20mm so I couldn't use the veritas dogs and other attachments. I was thinking about mounting a moxon vise on it as well instead of the twin screw. I will use my existing mft top and a pattern bit to make the holes so they'll rows of holes will be exactly perpendicular to the columns.
                    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

Working...