• cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Originally posted by gsmittle
    How big and where is the shop?

g.
    I was thinking that myself. With a master suite (bedroom) of over 2500sq ft, there seems plenty of room left for a shop.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by capncarl
      Rent one of these beauties for a day? try paying the dock fee. I'm not sure what premium dock fees are now, 1st guess would be $6./ft./day. That would only cost $650,000 /yr. for one of the shorter 300 footers. Thats not including elec or fuel.
      capncarl
      the costs of running a super yacht dwarfs the cost of ownership of a large manison of equivalent size. Some of these yachts have crews of 60 and can sleep another 60 people in guest staterooms.

Not only do you have the physical hotel-like accomodations but you also have to feed and house your crew (no, they can't go ashore for the night). You need refrigerator and storage space for food for a journey because you can't go to the store on the high seas. Then you need to make this mansion mobile. Big diesels to go 25 knots, mechanics and ships crew in addition to the htoel crew (stewards, cooks). Fuel to go 5000 miles at 50(?) gallons per mile. A fillup could cost you $1,000,000? And maintenance. Anything near salt water is going to deteriorate real fast. Everything exposed needs to be repainted every 6 months and cleaned every day. Dockage fees and port fees and such are very high. You have to house and pay your crew.

you spend hundreds of millions to buy such a boat and your expenses are just starting and will ultimately dwarf the cost of acquisition.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

I would guess if one had the resources to acquire a vessel like that, maintenance would be inconsequential.

Comment

• TB Roye
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Sacramento, CA, USA.
          • BT3100

With that much money they probably have human rod holders, don't want to get blister on you hand makes it hard to hold the drinks. Fishing is such a peasant type of endeavor. Me I will take my raft and my nice rod and reel and go up to the Sierras and fish in peace and quiet.

Comment

• cabinetman
            • Jun 2006
            • So. Florida
            • Delta

A video of the inside...

Comment

Working...