• Show
Clear All
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Local Woodcraft Moving - Fort Worth

Darn, I just found out that my local Woodcraft is moving.

The current location is pretty convienant for me, the new one certainly isn't... It's another 20 miles away on some highways I don't like to travel.
    Swell... I'd rather mail order than travel out there.

Whether you're a seasoned artisan or a novice enthusiast, shop Woodcraft for expert advice, unbeatable prices, superior brands, and a woodworking experience like no other. Explore our vast selection of premium wood, tools, and accessories, meticulously curated to fuel your passion for creating timeless pieces.
    Last edited by pelligrini; 02-12-2013, 01:47 PM.
    Erik
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Sorry to hear that,I wonder why the move?, might be a good time to look for some deals tho

Comment

• eccentrictinkerer
      • Aug 2007
      • Minneapolis, MN
      • BT-3000, 21829

I feel your pain! ;-)

A couple of years ago Rockler decided to close its very first retail store on Lyndale and Lake Street in Minneapolis.

My house is 11 blocks south of that store. It was like I lost an old friend. The excuse given was that the neighborhood had become too gentrified and 'urban chic'.

Now I have to pack a lunch and drive at least a half hour to one of the three suburban Rockler stores here in the metro to spend too much money on over-priced widgets.
      Last edited by eccentrictinkerer; 02-12-2013, 11:36 PM.
      You might think I haven't contributed much to the world, but a large number
      of the warning labels on tools can be traced back to things I've done...

Comment

• greenacres2
        • Dec 2011
        • La Porte, IN
        • Ryobi BT3000

Shoot, i have 30 minutes to the nearest Lowe's/Menards, 45 to HD, and 3 hours to Rockler. Shipping costs enter into online shopping, but backing out the price of fuel makes it a little less painful.

earl

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

Woodcraft had a nice store in their own building about 8 miles from me. Then they moved to a space in a strip mall about 12 miles away. Then they closed up. Now my nearest store is about 200 miles away. Fortunately my good old standby "Constantines" is still operating and is only about 5 miles away.

Comment

Working...