• Show
Clear All
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Turn on, Tune In, No drop outs

I listen to NPR in my shop a lot, but there are times when I want some music. A lot of the time I listened to the radio more because I couldn't hear the music on the stereo when I put on my worktunes. A 5w FM transmitter I picked up last week off of ebay fixed that. Now I can broadcast Pandora or my digital collection all over my property (and then some).

I liked being able to do yardwork Friday and jamming to some good tunes and not having the cord getting hung on everything and ripping the earbuds out or pulling the phone from my pocket.

Any tuner in the place can pick up a good signal from the transmitter. I've tried streaming to the upstairs and downstairs stereos before, but it was never in sync.
    Erik
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

That's really cool! Does it cause any interference with anyone else that lives nearby?
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

Not that I know of. The transmitter can broadcast on any channel across the whole FM range in 0.1 MHz increments. I've got it set all the way to the left at 87.6. I'd go even lower, but some of my radios can't go that far down. The next used frequency that I know of is a station over 40 miles away which is 88.1 KNTU (University of North Texas). Most of my radios can't pick it up very well or at all. I seriously doubt there are very many listeners on my block.
      Erik

Comment

• RAV2
        Established Member
        • Aug 2007
        • Massachusetts

I have a Ccrane version:

C. Crane is a US-based radio store offering the most powerful long-range AM/FM radios, emergency radios, Wi-Fi antennas, and Internet repeater systems. Shop now.

Check reviews and see how to turn this up a little more and get greater coverage.

Comment

Working...