• Show
Clear All
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

Plumbing parts help, Mancesa toilet

Has anyone heard of this brand? Been put in charge of tracking down a replacement flapper ring, and this is quite different from the normal design (may have to replace guts entirely if not).

A normal flapper is a rubber piece with a chain, that either slides down the overflow tube, or female ends clip the male lip on the tube.
    This is a hard plastic flapper, with a replaceable rubber ring, and the plastic flapper is actually male, going into a female spot on the tube. (different, why couldn't it be a normal one)

Trying to help a friend, I thought I could just give them a standard, universal, and boy was I wrong this time.
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Is this what you're after? If it were mine, I would just convert to a standard flapper assembly and a Fluidmaster fill system. Parts are commonly available. Installation is easy.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

I figure I will have to do that (already has the filler swapped), just worried it is going to be a pain to remove the old bolts that hold the tank to the stool, and wished it were easier.

That site is the only one I have even found stuff on. I found the toilets elsewhere and it appears they are from Columbia? This is for an older friend, so a handicapped toilet would probably be a better idea, IMHO.
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...