• Show
Clear All
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

LV Jig Fixture Kit

Lee Valley has their Jig Fixture Kits on sale again.

It's a pretty good deal, especially if you get both. They are extremely similar to the $80 Rockler kits. I have a 1/4" LV set and a 5/16 Rockler set (maybe the other way around). I really like having an assortment of parts on-hand when building jigs rather than picking up parts one at a time.

The Rockler T-nuts can have some issues with Incra T-Track. I don't know about the LV 5/16" nuts. http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=47062 and http://www.bt3central.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=14 My 1/4" LV ones work fine with all my Incra T-Track.
    Erik
  • Gershwin
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2009
    • Chicagoland

I just got it in my e-mail. It looks nicer than the Rockler kit and it also comes with more. ...hard to pass up this one.

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

There's not too much difference between the LV 149 piece and the Rockler 129 piece, the more is that LV includes twenty washers. The plastic storage boxes from the two are the same.
      Erik

Comment

• BobSch
        • Aug 2004
        • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
        • BT3100

Thanks for the heads-up. Can't use it until spring, but that's not a problem.
        Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• Poobah
          Forum Newbie
          • Sep 2010
          • SoCal
          • BT3100

Thanks or tip. Missed out last time and I know all about those &@$@ Rockler pieces not fitting Incra track!

Comment

• pelligrini
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • Fort Worth, TX
            • Craftsman 21829

I noticed that Lee Valley still has some of the 1/4" 149pc Jig Hardware sets left for $39

Shop Woodworking Hand & Power Tools Collection on Lee Valley. Browse our selection of Reliable Tools for any Woodworking project.

Might be a good addition to the extension cord offer:
            Shop Woodworking Hand & Power Tools Collection on Lee Valley. Browse our selection of Reliable Tools for any Woodworking project.
            Erik

Comment

• greenacres2
              • Dec 2011
              • La Porte, IN
              • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by pelligrini
              I noticed that Lee Valley still has some of the 1/4" 149pc Jig Hardware sets left for $39

Might be a good addition to the extension cord offer:
              http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...t=1,44047&ap=1
              All right--i took two of one and one of the other. I hope i got the quantities right. Actually--a great deal, thanks for posting Erik. I've got a circuit with an outlet at the head of each overhead door to plug in the opener (10' abover floor). The 15' cords (two of them i hope) will be plugged in and kept wrapped just above head height with a hook & loop strap. Will give me two locations on a third circuit that i've not been using. Thanks again.
              earl

Comment

• pelligrini
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2007
                • Fort Worth, TX
                • Craftsman 21829

Cool, glad I wasn't the only one to part with some funds today. Hope you picked up the Lee Valley catalog if you haven't seen one yet.
                Erik

Comment

• greenacres2
                  • Dec 2011
                  • La Porte, IN
                  • Ryobi BT3000

Yes--i checked the catalog box. But only for woodworking--if LOML saw a gardening catalog i couldn't afford tools!! With the McFeely's, Rockler, MLCS, Grizzly, handful of Taunton Press books and other important papers...i need plans for a beefier bathroom reading stand!!

Hmmm...6 catalogs, a bottle of Titebond II, fireplace log roller, a few banding clamps, bandsaw, jointer and planer--there must be a way to mill usable stock from cataLOGS!! The Grizzly alone might yield a nightstand. Just thinking out loud...

earl

Comment

• pelligrini
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2007
                    • Fort Worth, TX
                    • Craftsman 21829

Speaking of bathrooms and woodworking: check out the last photo on Lee Valley's Pocket Dovetailer. http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...35&cat=1,42884
                    Erik

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

If you're too lazy to open the LV link, here's their pics of how and where the portable pocket dovetailer can be used... note particularly the last two photos.

click for bigger picture
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA
                      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• greenacres2
                        • Dec 2011
                        • La Porte, IN
                        • Ryobi BT3000

That makes my day!!

Comment

Working...