• Show
Clear All
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Trend saw blades

I haven't tried one these, nor do I intend to unless someone sends me one free of charge. Obviously I don't know how they perform from experience, and it could be validly argued that it's unfair for me to post this, but I thought I'd post some observations as an FYI. IMHO the Trend blades don't look particularly well made considering their price point. They have fairly small chips of carbide and resemble other cheap Asian import blades made from stamped steel. Since there's no shortage of high precision blades available from well proven brands, often on sale at great prices, I'm unsure what Trend blades have to offer. Unless Trend offers superior quality for less money, I'm inclined to stick with the well knowns like Infinity, Forrest, Ridge Carbide, Amana, Freud, CMT, Tenryu, Onsrud, Oshlun, Delta Industrial, or DeWalt Precision Trim.

Here are a few thousand words worth of pictures that do a nice job of expressing my observations. Compare these higher quality blades to the Trend 40T 10" blade that sells for ~ $40...all are within a few dollars of the Trend, some are even several dollars less (</~ $30). From a glance, all look like better blades than the Trend, but in fairness...looks don't tell the whole story and can be deceiving...nonetheless, I wouldn't enter a well established market niche with a new "me-too" product that looked significantly cheaper than several of my direct competitors. Judge for yourselves:

Now compare the Trend to some cheaper $10-$20 blades...it looks to me like the Trend blades are in good company in this group:

FWIW, I have no beef with Trend products whatsoever...just posting my thoughts and making idle conversation... anyone agree or disagree with what I see?
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Just going by appearances I think your assumptions are correct. There might be some better QC and materials on the Trend blades, but I would guess it's really just a higher markup.
    Erik

Comment

Working...