X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Knottscott
    Anyone have any suggestions how to remove Avast 4.0 and Avast 5 from my PC? When I tried to download the Kaspersky program, it stated that ALWIL Software Avast 4.0 and Avast 5 were installed, and that Kaspersky is not compatible with them. AFAIK, we're not using any AVAST programs and they don't show up on my Add/Remove selections, so I can't get rid of them using that tool.

Try that.
    I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by CocheseUGA
      That worked...thanks! Then I was able to install the Kaspersky program and run a scan. It found a dozen or so threats that it quarantined/deleted. We'll see if this improves things.
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Cochese
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Knottscott
        That worked...thanks! Then I was able to install the Kaspersky program and run a scan. It found a dozen or so threats that it quarantined/deleted. We'll see if this improves things.
        If you don't feel like signing up for bleepingcomputer, you can post or PM the log file of what HijackThis spits out. I don't have quite the experience that some of those guys do, but everyone I know comes to me first for this sort of thing.

Used that same tool last month on my grandmother's laptop. That thing took the better part of a day to get about 75-80 trojans off of there.
        I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

Working...