Clear All
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

Doc's: Sprained ankle, time to heal?

NOT mine. Here is the scoop.

It is our slow time of year, and I thought I might be able to take some time off.
    Dumb... comes up to his stepfather (boss, the kid was the kid of the gal we both chased), on crutches. (he works when I am off, and can you guess when else he may have worked?)
    Alcohol was involved. Now, it looks like I will be working six or seven days a week for a while (supposed to be figuring out the schedule tomorrow, my last day off for?).

There goes my chance of vacation. Any idea how long is the average heal time? (don't know if I should expect two weeks, or 6 weeks)

Yes, I know there are bigger issues in life, just haven't taken time off in 20 years, and been on any sort of vacation, since Reagan's first term (can't remember exactly which year)
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

Not medically speaking, of course (heck, I don't even play one on TV), but you may find thet the recovery time for such an injury is considerably affected by the level of sympathy and the elusive goldbrick factor...

Comment

• cgallery
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • Milwaukee, WI
      • BT3K

I guess it depends a little on your job function. Teaching the foxtrot requires two good ankles. Sitting and answering phones, not so much.

But if you haven't had any time off in 20 years you better do something before you completely burn out (almost there myself).

May I suggest one-upping the kid? Breaking your leg is a sure-fired way to leap-frog him.

Comment

Working...