• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Luckbox
    Established Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Holly Springs, NC

Delta 50-760

I recently bought the DELTA 50-760 and I have put it together, but I have a quick question to anyone who has this dust collector. How did you put on the lower bag? Did you use the band clamp or did you use the felt ring? I used the felt ring but was unable to following the directions exactly. I tried rolling the bag over the ring and snapping it in like the top bag with no success, the bag would slip and some other issue would arise. I finally took the top bag off, slid the bag up from the bottom so the bag extended about 4 to 5 inches into the hole then took the felt ring and dropped it in from the top got one side in then while smoothing the bag I snapped it in place. Does anyone know the secret to this; because I also noticed it doesn't seem to want to snap out with the hugging technique. In order to remove the lower bag it seems that I need to remove the top bag first so I can reach inside and pull the ring out.
    I love lamp.
  • MikeMcCoy
    • Nov 2004
    • Moncks Corner, SC, USA.
    • Delta Contractor Saw

It took me a couple of times to get the hang of it but I'm able to take it off and put it on from the bottom. I just loosely wrap the bag over the felt insert and pust in from one side till I get it lined up and it pretty much seats itself. That was the main reason I went with a trash can seperator by the way. I haven't had to empty mine in several months.

Comment

• Luckbox
      Established Member
      • Nov 2003
      • Holly Springs, NC

Another quick question about the trash can seperator. I bought Woodstock W1049 Large Dust Collection Separator (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product) and a 30 gallon trash can. My trash can is 27" tall and once I pit on the lid I cannot slide the can on the base with the y adaptor comming out of the motor area. How did you set up your seperator? Do I need to try to find a shorter can, or should I try another lid.
      I am trying yo find an adaptor that would fit on the 5" opening and change it to a 4" for a 4" hose but all the reducers I find are for the hose to go on the outside. Even without the adabptor there barely looks like there is enough room for the hose to come out and then turn into this lid.
      I love lamp.

Comment

• poolhound
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • Phoenix, AZ
        • BT3100

I have the 50-760 and love it. I have never had a real problem getting the bags on/off although I do take the top bag off when I empty the bottom as it always seems timely to do a general clean.

Dont mean to hi-jack this thread but I wondered what other 50-760 or other DC owners do about cleaning the filter bag. I do give mine a good shake once I have been using it and all sorts of debris drops into the bottom bag but I did wonder about the pros/cons of a good clean.

I have always understood that a "conditioning" of the bag with a layer of dust helps with the filtration but at what point is it too much and prevents good airflow. I have thought about blowing some compressed air through the bag and even taking it off and washing it.

Any experiences or thoughts on this topic?
        Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
        techzibits.com

Comment

• steve-norrell
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2006
          • The Great Land - Alaska
          • BT3100-1

A timely thread indeed . . . . .

I am considering upgrading from ShopVac dust collection to a real dust collector and have been looking at the Jet DC-650 (with Canister) and the Deltas. I like what I am reading about the 50-760, but would like to use a canister instead of a bag. Does anyone know if the Delta 50-760 can be fitted with a canister?

Thanks and regards, Steve

Comment

• MikeMcCoy
            • Nov 2004
            • Moncks Corner, SC, USA.
            • Delta Contractor Saw

A friend just got the Wynn cannister but the jury is still out whether he will like it better or not.

Comment

• steve-norrell
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2006
              • BT3100-1

Mike,

Thanks for the information about fitting a Wynn canister to the Delta. While I am reasonably confident that the Delta 1 micron bag would work OK for me, I want to avoid, or at least minimize, dealing with removing and cleaning the bag from time to time (severe allergy problems). The half-micron specs for the Wynn is additional encouraging news.

Regards, Steve

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

Yes, the Delta 50-760 can be fitted with a Wynn 35A.
                HOWTO Installation Writeup.

The 35A product page is linked below...
                For over 18 years, our 35-Series Filters have been built specifically as upgrade replacements for the balloon bags used on hobby and small shop dust

If I had the budget I would have gotten a 50-760 with a 35A, but it wasn't in the cards for me...

I wish I could find the post, but there is somebody on Phil Thien's forum that stuffed a 30 gallon trash can separator under the intake on his 50-760. But it is CLOSE...

I would say return the factory built separator lid and 30 gallon can, get a 20 gallon galvanized can and build a Thien cyclone for it...

Not sure if the separator baffle would work in the inlet ring of a 50-760 though...
                Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• toolguy1000
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • westchester cnty, ny

is this the one you are referring to:

skip down a few posts for photos of the drum under the dust collector.
                  there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• dbhost
                    Slow and steady
                    • Apr 2008
                    • League City, Texas
                    • Ryobi BT3100

Awfully close, but not exactly. The one I was talking about used a galvanized trash can... But honestly the steel barrel is better...

I like the coupling he used, but would think thumb screws would be easier to use...

I think a quick trip to a friend with a welder and a penchant for metal fabrication would get that cross brace fixed right too...

FWIW, I got an email from Rockler a couple of days ago, that is for a plan to mod a regular DC to put the impeller motor in the same orientation as a 50 760... I may just have to build one for my HF DC...
                    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• steve-norrell
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2006
                      • BT3100-1

Delta 50-760 vs Jet DC-650CK

The Delta 50-760 seems to be highly regarded and rightly so. However, in my intended application, it is just a little to big for where it has to fit. I would have to make some semi-serious and inconvenient changes in the garage layout to fit the Delta in.

The alternate choice would be the Jet DC-650CK (canister model) which would fit nicely in the available space. However, it is only 1 HP and its CFM rating is 650, just a little more than half of the Delta.

If anyone has any information about the Jet DC-650CK, I would sure appreciate hearing it.

Thanks again for the information, Steve

I just received and email from Wynn saying that the canister filter for the Delta (35A274BLOL) would be shipped by FedEx and would cost $160 per filter. Kind of takes the Delta and Wynn out of the picture. SN
                      Last edited by steve-norrell; 06-11-2009, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• pelligrini
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 2007
                        • Fort Worth, TX
                        • Craftsman 21829

I'm needing to get a short canister because of height restricions when I finally get a collector.
                        The jets always seem a little expensive to me. The prices on the Penn State are nice. http://www.pennstateind.com/store/ba...ollectors.html
                        Erik

Comment

• steve-norrell
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2006
                          • BT3100-1

Originally posted by pelligrini
                          I'm needing to get a short canister because of height restricions when I finally get a collector.
                          The jets always seem a little expensive to me. The prices on the Penn State are nice. http://www.pennstateind.com/store/ba...ollectors.html
                          Indeed they are . . I especially like this model http://www.pennstateind.com/store/DC1BXL-CF2.html.

However, he nice lady on the phone made a grown man cry. According to her, the UPS ground shipping would be $262.20.

I can get the Jet right here in Anchorage for $469.99.

Regards, Steve

Comment

• pelligrini
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2007
                            • Fort Worth, TX
                            • Craftsman 21829

Ouch, I called them last week for a quote on the 2HP model. It was $85 to my door.
                            Erik

Comment

• Luckbox
                              Established Member
                              • Nov 2003
                              • Holly Springs, NC

Has any tieh this dust collector set up with a trash can seperator. I bought Woodstock W1049 Large Dust Collection Separator (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product) and a 30 gallon trash can. My trash can is 27" tall and once I put on the lid I cannot slide the can on the base with the y adaptor comming out of the motor area. How did you set up your seperator? Do I need to try to find a shorter can, or should I try another lid.
                              I am trying yo find an adaptor that would fit on the 5" opening and change it to a 4" for a 4" hose but all the reducers I find are for the hose to go on the outside. Even without the adabptor there barely looks like there is enough room for the hose to come out and then turn into this lid.
                              I love lamp.

Comment

Working...