• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

In my design it is captured. I suppose one could drill each side and push it out, without taking the whole thing apart.
    Erik

Comment

• emnesto
      Handtools only
      • Jan 2013
      • Bentonville, AR
      • Bosch 4100

When I proposed putting the router table on the opposite side, I was thinking of the Skil RAS900 or the Bosch RA1181. I have the Skil table and I don't see any problems whether the router is in place, or not. What am I missing?

Comment

• All Thumbs
        Established Member
        • Oct 2009
        • Penn Hills, PA
        • BT3K/Saw-Stop

Originally posted by emnesto
        When I proposed putting the router table on the opposite side, I was thinking of the Skil RAS900 or the Bosch RA1181. I have the Skil table and I don't see any problems whether the router is in place, or not. What am I missing?
        I see what you mean. I was being dumb. Ignore my comment, what you want to accomplish with the router table would work fine.

Comment

• pelligrini
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • Fort Worth, TX
          • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by emnesto
          Attached is a section of the cart design with a roughly drawn and shaded RA1181 indicating some possible problems. The skill might fit, but the Bosch won't, especially with the fence in place. The height and size of it won't let it rotate. The cart could be customized to work. You will end up with a small surface area for the router table.

*edit - The router table could be turned 90 degreed and the cart widened, but your work area will be farther behind than where you could stand.

I have to lower my 735 to at least 2" for it to rotate. If I leave it up too tall there are clearance problems.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by pelligrini; 01-29-2013, 07:33 PM.
          Erik

Comment

• emnesto
            Handtools only
            • Jan 2013
            • Bentonville, AR
            • Bosch 4100

Thanks for the extra time, Pelligrini. I measured the Skil table. It's very close to the same table height, and the fence would be a problem. The bigger problem is the width. The Skil RA900 is 26 1/2 wide. That means I'd need to turn it, and expand the flip table width by 6 inches. Assuming I would need to remove the fence, I wouldn't need to mount the router table in the center. I could have it closer on the front side.

I'll need to do a little more thinking and calculating before I commit to this modification to your working design.

Thanks again for your input.

Comment

• emnesto
              Handtools only
              • Jan 2013
              • Bentonville, AR
              • Bosch 4100

If I was to go down the Rotate the router table 90 degrees, it would mean adding 5 or 6 inches to the width of the flip-top. Would that be enoug to accomodate the raised outfeed table? BTW - The currently available DW735X comes with infeed and outfeed tables, and an extra set of blades. I expect to have mine delivered tomorrow.

Comment

Working...