• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • southernbob
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2008
    • South Florida

Lowes clearance 12" Task Force Miter saw

Stopped in at the local Lowes right after they opened and there was boxes of 12" Task Force Miter saws where they usually put the specials. I asked the clerk if they were on sale, and he they were just going on clearance. They were not even marked yet with the price so he went and got his price marker and said they were $80 reg. $169, so got one. They are probably not the "best" saw but at that price it seems like a good buy. The checkout clerk said as soon as the contractors show up, they will be gone. Lowes has taken it off their web site at least for the local store (Boca Raton,FL) They
    do show the 10" saw. Item No. 229634

On the way home I saw a Scott"s drop spreader (almost new) put out for the trash man and stopped and "rescued" that. Also, found a today paper still in the plastic wrapper laying on the street, so "rescued" that. At the grocery store I saved $33.65 with coupons and specials. Glad I went out shopping this morning.
  • Red88chevy
    Established Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Midland, Texas.

WOW! What a morning, not sure if you should take the rest of the day off or get back out there. It looks like your lucky day!

Comment

• Chadwick
      Forum Newbie
      • Sep 2005
      • Central Texas

Good price, looked at one and liked it at $169. They are still $169 around here, and not $80, which seems to be a good deal.

Comment

• L Dunlap
        Handtools only
        • Jul 2008
        • Franklin, Tn.
        • 10 inch. Skil

12 inch Task Force compound miter saw for $64.80

Last week at the Lowe's store in Franklin, Tn. I found a 12 in. miter saw for $64.80. It was the display model that had been on sale for $71.99.
        The clerk had to search for the parts to it and couldn't find the blade, so he gave me another (better) blade to go with it.
        I am not sure how good a saw this is, but at the price what's the worry?

Comment

• L Dunlap
          Handtools only
          • Jul 2008
          • Franklin, Tn.
          • 10 inch. Skil

12 inch Task Force compound miter saw for $64.80

Last week at the Lowe's store in Franklin, Tn. I found a 12 in. miter saw for $64.80. It was the display model that had been on sale for $71.99.
          The clerk had to search for the parts to it and couldn't find the blade, so he gave me another (better) blade to go with it.
          I am not sure how good a saw this is, but at the price what's the worry?

Comment

• messmaker
            Veteran Member
            • May 2004
            • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
            • Ridgid 2424

I been waiting on it to closeout. I hope I can find one. I see a morning on the phone with all the local Lowe's in my future.
            spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

• KLF
              Forum Newbie
              • Jun 2006
              • Barrington NH
              • BT3000 (of course)

I don't mean to sound like a tool snob (even if I am one), but it's been my experience that anything with the "Task Force" brand on it isn't worth the box it's packaged in. Bottom of the barrel cheapo crap, similar to the "Companion" junk that Sears sells.

Comment

• messmaker
                Veteran Member
                • May 2004
                • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
                • Ridgid 2424

Originally posted by KLF
                I don't mean to sound like a tool snob (even if I am one), but it's been my experience that anything with the "Task Force" brand on it isn't worth the box it's packaged in. Bottom of the barrel cheapo crap, similar to the "Companion" junk that Sears sells.
                I talked to a friend of mine that works in the tool dept. of my local store and he said it was not very sturdy and should be avoided. He showed me the # of damaged models that were in the region. Almost every store had one. He said that the high # could reflect floor models that were missing parts but the # still looked way high to him.
                spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

Working...