• Show
Clear All
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

vBulletin Upgrade complete

Everything went as planned this time and finished much earlier than expected. The site will be reindexing until around midnight tonight or so. If you notice any issues, post them in the Feedback Forum. Alot has changed in the past few hours, so take some time and poke around.

Just a side note, the New Topics option is as close to the old home page as you will find.
    Chr's
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2008
    • Western Pennsylvania
    • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by twistsol
    Just a side note, the New Topics option is as close to the old home page as you will find.
    I clicked on the "New Posts", is that what you meant? Look and feel is a lot different, not nearly as good as the old, but I'm sure you guys had other reasons to make the change and do the upgrade.

--------------------------------------------------
    Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

When not logged in, as a new viewer who is considering joining would be, clicking on "Today's Posts", takes you to the search function, instead of today's posts. Once logged in, it becomes "New Posts". (I think of that as broken)
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
        When not logged in, as a new viewer who is considering joining would be, clicking on "Today's Posts", takes you to the search function, instead of today's posts. Once logged in, it becomes "New Posts". (I think of that as broken)
        Thanks, that should be fixed now and it should show today's posts when not logged in.
        Chr's

Comment

• twistsol
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by woodturner

I clicked on the "New Posts", is that what you meant? Look and feel is a lot different, not nearly as good as the old, but I'm sure you guys had other reasons to make the change and do the upgrade.
          It is definitely going to take some getting used to. The main reason to upgrade is that our old version is unsupported and almost unusable on mobile devices.
          Chr's

Comment

• leehljp
            Just me
            • Dec 2002
            • Tunica, MS
            • BT3000/3100

I just posted under Forum Feedback with a couple of attachments. They do not show up under "New Posts" or "New Topics" when I log out and log in. I also logged in with a different browser and the new post/thread does not show up under New Posts / New topic. Is this a feature? There is a feature that I never understood on another forum in which the poster's post does not show up under new posts, just other people's new posts. Is that what is happening here?
            Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• poolhound
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2006
              • Phoenix, AZ
              • BT3100

Something is odd with PMs. I am logged in and when I click on messages it shows my inbox but on the left it says "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page." I seem to be unable to reply or start a new message.
              Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
              techzibits.com

Comment

• cwsmith
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                • BT3100-1

I guess you have to do these updates, but I really don't care for the new look. I had to adjust my screen as the type was too small, and of course when you do that, everything gets bigger.

I guess I just don't like "change" so much, especially when everything was okay before (except perhaps the technical and support issues which we don't see.)

In any case, this too I'll have to adjust to and I do appreciate all your efforts.

CWS
                Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

Working...