• Show
Clear All
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Stanley #125 Combination Square

I came across a picture of one of these on Pinterest. I had never seen one before and was intrigued by it for some reason. I checked eBay and found this one in great shape (a little dirty) for $12 shipped. It's apparently made for carpentry and building--it's a little too big and heavy for woodworking, in my opinion. It is dead on square and I have used it and like it a lot. Maybe just because I think it looks cool and retro.
    Joe
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Well, that's a first for me. I don't recall ever seeing a square quite like that, do you have any idea when those were made?

Thanks,

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

I don't ever recalling seeing one like that in any of the tool clutter exploring I have done. I'd like to have one, I use my starett machinist combination square a lot and it requires me to go get another tool, taking off the square head and fumbling with the angle finder head. Yep, this would work.
      capncarl

Comment

• JoeyGee
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • Sylvania, OH, USA.
        • BT3100-1

No idea when it was made. I haven't seen any dates on it and information is scarce online, but I haven't done a lot of digging.

I do like it a lot. It's dead on square and fun to use. It is a little big and I'll probably take off the levels. I think they should just pop off.
        Joe

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

One for sale on eBay rightnow - lots of pics.

Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...