Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

New Favorite Sander!

New Favorite Sander

I received my Festool $99.00 ETS 150 Pro yesterday (Wednesday) but because of work until late, I didn’t have time to do anything but open the case and look at it.

Today, due to a funeral and visitation to a couple of pastors, I managed to get about 30 minutes in the shop looking it over. It vibrates less than I am used to from my DeWalt 5 inch ROS, PC ROS, Ryobi ROS and my Bosch ROS.

Feels good in the hand; the cord is long, I didn’t measure but I would guess it is at least 10 ft. I liked my made-for-Japan Japanese tools as they always had heavy duty but flexible long cords. This one seems similar.

I only sanded a section of 3/4 plywood flooring with 220 SP. What I noticed was immediately is that it probably has the best dust ejection system bar none. The little exhaust BLOWS the air out. Most vac hook ups are for the vacuum to pull the dust out. On this one, it BLOWS it out. The ROS action evidently has a strong fan in it that PULLS the dust up even without a vac hooked to it. If you don’t hook a vac up to it, the cord will be coated with fine sawdust in seconds.

Sanding is smooth, very little vibration to the hands and not too big for mid sized hands. Already, this will be my GO TO sander for small to mid sized projects.

The only other sander that I have used that vibrated this little is a small Ryobi purchased in Japan that uses about 2 inch wide strips and is used for small sanding pieces. For the price, the Festool is the best bar none that I have used. I don’t have a Festool Vac/Dust Extraction system, but I do have a Fein Vac/dust extraction, and the hookup fittings for all sizes. Looking forward to using this sander.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

That was my first though after I purchase the Festool ETS 125. I wanted a 5" sander that didn't shake my hands apart and could be handled one handed. My 6" Ridgid is a beast of a sander that could easily replace my planer if I need it, but difficult to handle on my Tiny Tables. I still get sticker shock when purchasing Festool sanding disks for it though. The last 3 Tiny Tables that I built out of sinker cyperess made me re-think using that material because a $1sanding disk lasted only about 15 seconds before it was ruined!

Comment

Working...