• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Stanley 2 X 4 Clamp

Has anyone see this? I saw this for the first time on the pen turning forum this morning. A tad expensive for what it is - $24.00 on Amazon, but looks great for the occasional on site project where access to my shop clamps are not possible.

Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • os1kne
    • Jan 2003
    • Atlanta, GA
    • BT3100

That is interesting. Agree that it's expensive for what it is. I can think of a handful of times where I needed to clamp something that was too big for the pipe clamps that I had available, so that could have come in handy. (But, I probably wouldn't have a good 2x that was long enough available during those times either.
    Bill

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

They might be just the trick if you were building s large clamping jig for table tops and flat panels. Kinda pricey though.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3958.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	829523
      i purchase 5-6 Stanley bar clamps at big lots , not the Bessey knock offs though, and really like them. Very heavy duty and no longer manufactured. That figures.

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

I have a few sets of those and the work ok, just ok. They send to chew up the 2x4 and then come loose and move. I bought them to glue edge band to both sides of a full sheet of plywood. They might work a bit better had I not used the scrap 2x4s I had in the show that weren't good enough for framing.
        Chr's

Comment

• tfischer
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2003
          • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
          • BT3100

Are these really significantly cheaper than a set of cheap HF pipe clamps and some black pipe? Especially using an HF coupon?

Comment

Working...