• Show
Clear All
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

Ridgid OSS has the magic smoke

I have owned ridgid tools for years but have never had to try out the lifetime warranty. I switched out an older grizzly OSS for the ridgid belt/spindle sander 2 years ago and it hasnt had that much use. Yesterday I came to use it and it seems like the motor was jammed and that "oh-oh" smell starts drifting to my nose.

Just dropped it off at HD and I have no idea how long I will be without it.

Anybody else had experience with the ridgid warranty? Is this going to be a couple of weeks or months?
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

It depends on where and how busy the nearest "authorized" repair center is. While I realize that many Ridgid customers take their stuff back to Home Depot, I would not have done that and in the two cases where I have had claims under the Ridgid LLSA, I've shipped the tools directly to the nearest authorized service center myself. It took about three weeks, with the delay being with the center getting the parts from Ridgid.

I was completely satisfied with the service though and admit that I just don't like dealing with Home Depot. It's bad enough that I'm forced to buy Ridgid and Ryobi tools there, but I certainly won't use them to act as a middle man for any warranty/LLSA services.

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

Working...