• Show
Clear All
  • sailor55330
    Established Member
    • Jan 2010

A couple of stapler questions

Hi-

I have 2 questions regarding staplers.

1. I have been hanging some poly sheets and trying to use an ancient craftsman stapler that say it uses .050 heavy duty staples. I don't have a Sears near me. Everything I read on line says you can use t50 but they are clearly too small. Anyone else using a Craftsman staple gun from the late 70's and if so, where do you get staples.

2. I have an older Senco Model J stapler, but I can't find the gauge on it anywhere. I've looked on Senco's site and while I can find a total rebuild kit, no luck on staple sizing. Any ideas? The gun is in too good of shape to throw out.

Thank you
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Is this the Craftsman Stapler that you have? If so, I use the Swingline 800 series staples that are pictured.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Craftsman Stapler Old.jpg
Views:	2363
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	829070

I am still using a good quantity of these that my father had. As you can see in the picture below, the price on the package was some time ago. Not sure where I can get them locally, here in NY's Southern Tier, but I'm sure they must be available.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Craftsman Staples Old.jpg
Views:	1898
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	829071

Here's a link to the Google search I just did: https://www.google.com/search?espv=2...k1.av23LfhYq8E

I would think Lowes or Home Depot should have something for this. They measure exactly 1/2-inch in width. I do agree with you though, that the T50 staples are too small.

I hope this helps,

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• tfischer
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2003
      • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
      • BT3100

I'd bring it into your local hardware store (preferably) or BORG and have someone who works there match it up for you. I'm sure they should have something that works.

Comment

• tfischer
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2003
        • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
        • BT3100

Also note that T50 staples come in different widths.

Comment

Working...